Director, Corporate Communications at Peloton
Peloton is seeking a corporate communications director to help craft and implement communications activities that support and promote our overall strategic priorities across business, technology and financial media, as well as help Peloton manage its brand reputation with consumers and investors. This person should be passionate about PR, tech, innovation and the evolving media landscape; a creative, strategic thinker and problem-solver with an affinity for details, an exceptional work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Work with head of communications and external PR agency to plan and implement a communications strategy for Peloton across business, technology and financial media.
- Build strategic relationships with business and tech outlets and influencers that will lead to media coverage.
- Identify, vet and proactively secure press interviews and speaking opportunities for key executives across relevant topics.
- Implement executive placement strategies, including speaking engagements, profiles, and Op-Eds to successfully position Peloton leadership as visionaries and thought leaders in the fitness, tech and media industries.
- Draft pitches and press releases for wide range of business announcements.
- Work closely with IR team on financial/business announcements, quarterly earnings and key messaging.
- Help craft a crisis communications playbook, working with key cross-functional partners across the business.
- Contribute to interview and speaking prep for executives, including the development of presentations, talking points, briefing documents, and other written and visual materials.
- 10+ years of experience working in corporate communications and media relations, preferably at a high-profile public company and/or a reputable PR firm that represents publicly traded companies and handles strategy and crisis management; financial or investor relations experience a plus
- Proven record of pitching and securing business-focused stories, and a deep understanding of the tech, business and media sectors
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience doing scenario planning and crisis communications
- Ability to work independently and proactively, and collaborate well within a small enterprising team of communications professionals
- Ability to bring new thinking and ideas to the communications team
- Highly organized, great attention to detail and ability to ruthlessly prioritize
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.