Director, CRM & Email Marketing at Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is looking for a dynamic Director, Email & CRM Marketing to lead global lifecycle marketing initiatives including email & CRM in our Headquarters in New York City. In this role, you will primarily oversee the evolution and execution of our customer retention and audience development strategies that will maximize customer activations and lifetime value.
As Director, Email & CRM Marketing, you will transform our luxury ecommerce experience using effective storytelling and creating personalized customer experiences by establishing strong customer relationships and building trust in our brand with a global audience developing data-driven lifecycle marketing strategies for email & CRM as well as related programs & channels including messaging, segmentation, optimization, push notifications, retargeting, direct mail, promotional incentives, & testing with an emphasis on forecasting.
Reporting directly to our Chief Operating Officer, the ideal candidate has had hands-on experience owning an end-to-end email campaigns within a consumer-facing e-commerce environment; is passionate about retail innovation; and is adept at analyzing marketing campaign effectiveness to leverage ROI and client insights into an actionable roadmap.
This position plays an instrumental role in defining the long-term direction of the acquisition marketing campaigns overseeing execution, management and optimization. You will work closely with a number of cross-functional stakeholders across Content, Sales & Technology to drive conversion & retention to achieve revenue goals to ensure the sustained growth of an engaged customer base.
What you'll do:
- Lifecycle Marketing Roadmap: you will be responsible for leading the vision, strategy, & results for Moda Operandi’s global CRM & Email Marketing program, encompassing the marketing, transactional, and lifecycle email programs supporting growth and retention across our e-commerce and brick and mortar businesses
- Email Operations: manage team responsible for third-party ESP relationship and day-to-day operations of all customer-facing email and push marketing (both promotional and triggered campaigns)
- Campaign Management & Calendar Cadence: plot out and maintain email calendar; distribute weekly and communicate changes; and work with marketing team on incorporating CRM plans & programs into 360 Marketing strategies, directives and recaps managing campaign feedback through partnerships with creative, copy & CRM teams
- QA Testing: develop a rigorous testing strategy to continually optimize all areas of the program by measuring and optimizing programs through A/B testing, segmentation, and personalization
- Optimization: growth through continuous testing, customer segmentation, creative partnership, landing page optimization
- Customer Segmentation & Acquisition: define key client segments for improved targeting and CRM program effectiveness; as well as to help drive registered users to make their first purchase through a compelling and confidence building cross-channel brand introduction
- CRM & Loyalty Programs: develop and execute comprehensive, data-driven omni-channel clienteling strategies, programs, & tools to drive sales and retention through Moda Operandi’s sales channels including: Trunk Show, Boutique, & Private Client services
- Innovation: drive innovation across the team identifying new areas of opportunity for growth in our email marketing strategy and how we're connecting our efforts to other teams
- Process Development & Implementation: as a key leader, you will establish best practices around email & CRM tools and processes, drive adoption and optimization, and ensure value to our business and client experience across our overall organization.
- Vendor Management & Partnerships: work with CRM vendor & ESP to develop targeting for direct mail/email campaigns and analyze results; and to seek premium partnerships to help drive new client acquisition into the brand and develop contact strategies for retaining growing clients into loyalists
- Budgeting & Forecasting: partner with company planning to ensure alignment to total brand budget managing forecasting process for CRM & email marketing monthly/weekly/daily activities including forecasting reporting at a channel level for traffic, paid media, revenue, spend & other performance KPI’s to create and implement compelling programs & messaging that increase the lifetime value of existing customers users
- Stakeholder Management: align multiple cross-functional stakeholders to develop strategic campaign direction & creative assets to balance competing interests across the organization defining a clear vision and effective communications strategy
- Driving Sales: partner with internal product teams to drive increased orders per customer cohort by evolving personalization - particularly through email and push notifications
- Product Knowledge: work with buyers/merchants to ensure products featured in emails are online and available for email campaigns
- Engineering & Product: partner closely with engineering teams, product management, business insights, and program management to deliver products and features as well as to test and improve our transactional notifications and effectiveness of email communication
- Data Analytics & Insights: partner with our Heads of Data & Analytics to ensure our customer cohorts are being nurtured and activated based on varying acquisition sources, supporting the long-term health of our customer base making our email marketing efforts more beneficial
- KPI’s & Metric: track, establish and deliver defined KPIs and metrics for the global program's growth across all regions on a monthly, quarterly & annual basis to meet revenue and performance targets and measure success of program features
- Campaign Analysis & Reporting: disseminate, analyze, and report our latest learnings and performance results helping other functions understand how decision trade offs impact revenue and growing a loyal email subscriber base.
Who you are
- 6+ years of experience across all facets of email marketing, including campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, deliverability and AB/multivariate testing ideally within an e-commerce or omni-channel retail space
- Expert knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing using Braze (or a comparable ESP) is required
- Expert knowledge of email standards, regulations, best practices, and international requirements such as SPF, CAN-SPAM, CASL and GDPR
- Exceptional understanding of all aspects of email marketing, CRM, deliverability & analytics
- Advanced Excel skills & comfort manipulating large volumes of data (eg: pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, HLOOKUPs)
- Luxury retail/ecommerce experience is a plus!
- Strong proficiency in Omniture, Google Analytics or other web metric systems (proficiency in HTML/CSS is a plus)
- Proven ability to build out dashboard to share KPIs, learnings, and analysis
- Robust quantitative skills including forecasting ability and ROI analyses – demonstrated ability to apply logical thought process to problem solving and deliver recommendations.
- Proven track record in driving customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Process-oriented approach, with the ability to plan and execute projects cross-functionally and flexibility to adjust your approach when presented with new data or roadblocks.
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically and innovatively
- An ability to thrive working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and to think strategically and with innovation
- Excellent written & verbal communication and persuasion skills.
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with “can-do” attitude.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to react to shifting priorities
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover and shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce and content, Moda allows women and men to shop for what’s new and what’s next in designer fashion from the world’s leading emerging designers and luxury brands.
Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses and consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Moda’s platform carries more than 1,000 brands and designers across fashion, fine jewelry and home, ships to 125 countries, and has raised nearly $300M in funding from top-tier global investors.