Director, Customer Marketing at Vimeo
Vimeo’s B2B marketing team is searching for a Director, Customer Marketing to lead all of our customer marketing engagement and growth activities. The ideal candidate will have deep empathy for the customer, experience owning customer retention and upsell metrics, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This role will report to the VP of B2B Marketing and work with the marketing team to drive product adoption, increase retention, and work with account management to strategically upsell and cross-sell the existing enterprise SaaS customer base (thousands of customers and growing). This includes ownership of communications across the customer lifecycle, including customer onboarding, engagement, and retention campaigns. You will also serve as a critical “voice of the customer” channel - bringing feedback, ideas, and stories to teams across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- As the team’s first dedicated customer marketing hire, you’ll build the function from the ground up, set the standard for how marketing will work hand-in-hand with onboarding and account management, and contribute to retention and upsell targets.
- Identify customer segments and use them to develop communications plans and channel strategies for each segment - based on who they are and where they are in their journey with Vimeo
- Build product launch campaigns and evergreen campaigns across paid, email, social, events in partnership with channel owners
- Partner with product marketing and account management to develop sophisticated product education and feedback programs that drive adoption, engagement, and migration where appropriate
- Partner with BI to turn data insights into action items, including customer feedback mechanisms such as NPS
- Working with content marketing, develop campaigns that showcase Vimeo customers through case studies, profiles, and PR
- Work with operations to establish appropriate workflows, reporting, customer journeys, and segmentations that will power campaigns
- Report on the performance of campaigns and impact on retention and upsell metrics
- Own customer marketing budget and return on investment
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 7-10 years marketing experience, with experience working at a global enterprise SaaS company strongly preferred
- Autonomous, expert-level marketer with the ability to build programs and teams from the ground up
- People leader with experience leading teams across geographies and time zones
- Depth in full-funnel marketing initiatives and a performance marketing approach
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various levels of scale
- Fluency in Salesforce, Marketo a plus
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Flexible and can adapt to fast moving, agile team
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience with video technology is a substantial plus
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs