Director, Demand Generation at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about driving growth through digital marketing
As the Director, Demand Generation, you will join a growing Marketing team that is focused on driving revenue growth through top of funnel marketing channels, paid media sources, and middle of funnel website optimizations. The team is highly analytical and data driven, with a wide breadth of digital advertising experience. You will lead the demand generation team and make strategic decisions that drive traffic and conversions on the website, leading to ROI-positive revenue growth.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Hire and manage a rock-star team of digital marketing and demand generation experts
- Own a multi-million dollar paid media budget and report on performance of spend
- Implement new marketing tools, best practices and processes to efficiently scale our advertising efforts to the next level
- Oversee top of funnel advertising efforts, including SEM, Display, Paid Social, and various paid media opportunities
- Drive our SEO efforts and collaborate with Content and Community teams to identify and scale our organic traffic
- Build and maintain an A|B testing process to improve conversion rates across various landing pages
- Collaborate with Website and Product teams to identify and launch testing opportunities within the signup flow
- Work cross-functionally with growth team to promote and support multi-channel campaigns and initiatives
- Utilize data to optimize campaigns towards the correct mix of pipeline and self service revenue
- Develop a revenue-focused funnel to track the customer journey from top of funnel to sign-up
- Identify and implement an attribution solution for enhanced learnings and channel optimization
- Report on all growth initiatives to wider marketing and leadership group
- Strategize with marketing leadership to find additional areas of revenue growth
- Grow and develop a team of marketing professionals dedicated to growth and success
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related fields of Marketing or Advertising
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing or demand generation
- Implementation experience for various best-in-class marketing tools
- Experience building and managing internal marketing teams
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth at scale
- Ability to generate reports on key performance metrics and clearly communicate the results
- Proactive communication skills and track record of setting and executing on monthly, quarterly, and annual goals
- Deep understanding of SAAS based business models, including concepts around monthly recurring revenue and pay-back periods
- Demonstrable critical thinking and analytical skills, including the ability and confidence to make strategic decisions based on data
- Bonus: Prior experience with tech startup and B2D (business to developer) marketing
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!