Director, Developer Marketing at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
At Braze, you will define and build out our developer marketing strategy to help us share the story of our diverse developer community. In this role, you will inspire developers to create cutting-edge, award winning, omnichannel marketing campaigns. You’ll champion the Braze platform internally and externally, scoping and executing on go-to-market strategies for programs and campaigns that build developer satisfaction with the platform. You will drive participation across our developer community and encourage the adoption of prioritized use cases.
You'll collaborate closely with our teammates in demand generation, growth marketing, and customer & partner marketing to craft compelling narratives and nurture the public conversation within our developer ecosystem. You’ll also team up with our customers and partners to deliver value and insights and extend the impact of our platform.
You'll have an immediate impact as you build and implement paths to amplify and drive engagement with programs and content to inspire, educate, and connect with developers. You’ll experiment with and optimize channel strategy, establishing best practices for the team and reaching developers where they are.
- Define the Developer Marketing vision and strategy.
- Partner with Demand Generation to prioritize the right channels to reach and educate developers, growth marketers, and product managers (including digital media, developer forums, events, industry networks, and more).
- Develop internal and external technical evangelists to inspire developers to Build with Braze.
- Lead and coordinate the developer event strategy in partnership with the events team.
- Partner with the Customer & Partner Marketing team to define a strategic content plan.
- Drive accountability for Developer Marketing KPIs, setting targets and tracking performance and learnings.
30-day: Within your first 30 days, you will acquire a technical understanding of the Braze platform’s product and value proposition, as well as how marketing at Braze works. You will also familiarize yourself with the integration market through self-study and by building relationships with key stakeholders at Braze.
60-day: Within your first 60 days, you will have performed a market analysis to build the Developer Persona for Braze. You will craft an integrated go-to-market strategy for addressing these market segments and sales plays.
90 day: Within your first 90 days, you will have conducted a content audit and start to make recommendations of what content we should produce. You will continue to build and establish relationships internally and externally to build Braze developer evangelists.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A seasoned marketer with 4+ years experience in marketing roles including Developer Marketing or Technical Product Marketing
- Passion for innovative software technology and an understanding of how developers use APIs and tools to achieve business growth
- Deep understanding of the developer audience and experience creating developer campaigns and messaging to that audience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated examples of crafting developer positioning and content
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience with enterprise technology and the sales cycle
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.