At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
- Do you love creating content experiences that delight and surprise people?
- Are you more than a little obsessed with the art and science of digital and content marketing?
- Do you get energy from leading teams towards a goal?
Content is at the core of our marketing strategy at Justworks. We are passionate about creating valuable, relevant and digestible content and serving it to our community through intuitive and delightful experiences. As we look to scale our growth over the next few years, we need our digital and content marketing to work harder for us in achieving our business goals. That’s where you come in. The Director, Digital & Content Marketing will level up our approach to strategy, ideation, distribution, promotion, optimization, and measurement, ultimately ensuring we are getting the most out of our content to increase awareness and lead volume through digital channels, such as social, organic search, and email.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Elevating our overarching digital and content strategy and developing a vision and roadmap for content, social, and video that will increase awareness and lead acquisition among target SMB buyers and influencers
- Driving customer acquisition and engagement through the refinement of existing digital and content marketing programs and the conceptualization, testing, and implementation of new ones
- Partnering with the Experience Design team to build, launch, promote, optimize, and manage new digital content platforms and experiences that elevate our profile and drive leadflow
- Continuously identifying ways to innovate content creation & distribution, including new social channels, formats or executions, content partnerships, and emerging market opportunities
- Developing an SEO strategy that will scale the traffic and leads we generate from organic search
- Leveling up our tracking and measurement to enable data-driven decision-making
- Managing, developing, and inspiring a team of passionate writers, strategists and video producers
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
As a Director, Digital & Content Marketing, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Functional expertise: Subject matter expertise of specific function(s), including knowledge of principles, practices, and domain knowledge.
- Nimble learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Adaptability: The ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Clear communication: The ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 10+ years proven experience in strategizing and scaling digital and content marketing programs that drive significant business impact using a combination of creativity and data-driven insights
- Minimum of 7+ years people management experience
- Strong understanding and passion for translating brand strategy, business strategy, and customer insights into digital and content strategy, including social, video, and email
- Strong communicator and strategic thinker with a proven ability to translate complex concepts into easily digestible and compelling content
- Sophisticated understanding of digital and content marketing analytics and experience assessing content marketing ROI and optimizing programs
- Deep understanding of SEO best practices, proven track recording developing and executing on SEO strategies that drive meaningful results
- Experience developing and delivering strategic and data-driven communications to senior leadership, peers, direct reports, and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Willing and able to operate at a strategic level but also “lean in” at a tactical level to drive strategy and execution across functional areas.
- Skilled at developing strategies that deliver content across a broad range of lengths (long-form + short-form) and formats (social, video, email, interactive, audio, etc)
- Ability to effectively lead and influence, move quickly, and develop collaborative cross-functional relationships
- Performance-oriented, and easily able to translate data into meaningful insights and strategies
- Process-oriented, able to drive a standard operating model and workflow/procedures for the planning, execution, optimization, distribution, and amplification of our content
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment