Director of Digital Media
EMPLOYER NAME: Peloton Interactive, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Director of Digital Media
JOB DUTIES: Peloton Interactive, Inc. seeks Director of Digital Media to work on development of Peloton’s digital marketing programs, driving performance and executions across all digital media, including social media, search engine optimization (SEO), and display advertising. Will lead strategy, planning and execution for all digital marketing activity. Will be focused primarily on the following tasks and duties:
- Lead strategy, development and execution of digital media efforts relating to online marketing initiatives and web site search engine consumption (approx. 30% of time). Includes the following: (a) Collaborate with software developers to execute scalable online marketing initiatives on paid search and social; and (b) Collaborate with multi-functional team to optimize web site architecture, digital assets (text, graphics, multimedia) and page construction for SEO, visibility, and usability on all devices.
- Drive improved performance of digital media campaigns through use of data to increase personalization of messaging and landing page (approx. 40% of time). Increase understanding of data attributes around user behavior and manage this information to dynamically personalize website landing pages, emails and ad copy in search/social campaigns by designing custom APIs using Java REST services connecting to multiple media platforms and site personalization tools. Includes: (a) Lead data acquisition efforts from Peloton software and other media to improve understanding of user intent; (b) Assist in optimizing analytics tools for tracking website visitor behavior and analyzing web metrics; (c) Identify LPIs relating to effectiveness of digital marketing efforts; (d) Improve landing pages and user funnels using A/B and multivariate testing of landing pages in real-time.
- Bid, purchase and negotiate placement of listings in search engines, directories and social platforms (approx. 30% of time). Includes: (a) Develop multi-pronged bid strategies aimed at increasing digital marketing, reach, engagement and direct response; (b) Employ demand-side platform to manage bids for online advertising in order to achieve optimal return and maximize efficiency of bids; (c) Provide guidance to software developers with respect to implementation of custom features and reporting connections for scaled bid programs, and manage processes for ongoing evaluation of bid algorithms and overall campaign performance; and (d) Create private digital advertising exchanges and implement bid programs therein.
Specific duties require a person capable to leverage computer information systems to turn raw data into actionable intelligence that can be used to drive marketing. Solid understanding of computer science principles and experience in digital media management is necessary and essential for performance of these duties. Without such knowledge, candidate will be unable to guide software developers on optimization of web site architecture and digital assets, lead data acquisition efforts and design of adequate custom APIs, and/or make experience-based assessments regarding the development and ongoing evaluation of bid algorithms.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field (or foreign equivalent) and 2 years of work experience in digital media management or in any similar position in which required experience was acquired. Must have academic and/or work experience:
- Working with object oriented development software, including Java, to develop REST APIs and custom APIs which retrieve and post data from and to external sources such as Google Analytics and Google Adwords;
- Collecting and analyzing web metrics and generating reporting and attribution models in Google Analytics
- Conducting A/B testing and multivariate testing with live website landing pages;
- Installing and optimizing business intelligence software to track user web behavior;
- Conducting analysis of business requirements and working with customer support teams to ascertain consumer needs;
- Conducting online marketing initiatives, including paid ad placement, email promotions and viral marketing campaigns on social media;
- Working with sales and marketing software, including Google AdWords.
JOB LOCATION: 125 W. 25th Street, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10001
TO APPLY SEND RESUME TO: Mail resume c/o Christina Ellis, 125 W. 25th Street, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10001. Include reference "RE: Director of Digital Media".