Director, External Communications at Stash
Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Reporting to the VP Communications, you’ll play a leading role in building the internal communications processes for our rapidly scaling organization. It’s never the same day twice, and this role is structured to allow the director of communications to focus on internal comms and channels, while also influencing other aspects of our comms strategy: helping us to publicly tell the story of Stash and why it’s the right choice for everyday Americans who want to invest in themselves.
We are a fast-paced growth company—join us to work on hard, important problems, have fun, and make history.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with Comms and Brand leaders to build a culturally dynamic lifestyle brand (think Apple or Nike for personal investing) across external and internal audiences
- Drive clear, consistent and cohesive narratives across media channels to build awareness and engagement for Stash and our mission
- Lead the development of new initiatives that fuel earned press coverage for Stash across consumer lifestyle and financial outlets
- Boost awareness and engagement with Stash’s brand partnerships and programs
- Drive speaking opportunities, media training, and key relationships with media influencers, reporters and reviewers
- Deliver consistently high quality comms for key announcements, press releases, strategies and programs for both internal and external audiences
Who You Are:
- Genuinely excited by Stash’s mission and the opportunity to use your creative talents to address wealth inequality by introducing Stash to those who want to invest in themselves
- A naturally gifted communicator, both verbally and in writing, with an innate ability to bring simplicity to complex concepts
- Both creative and strategic - a person who values big ideas and can influence others
- Flexible and willing to roll up your sleeves. In one day, the Director, Communications might ideate around a product launch, analyze new data, refine talking points, and participate in partnership and creative brainstorming sessions
- Passionate about effective storytelling that ladders up to key company goals
What you Bring to the Table:
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Experience building and executing successful external communications strategies
- A track record of creative campaign and story ideas with demonstrated results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Media relationships across traditional and emerging platforms
- Positive, self-starter attitude with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow, and retain, and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and
- Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please**