Director, Field & Event Marketing at Cockroach Labs
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!The Role
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced leader to lead our global Field & Event Marketing efforts. In this role, you will own the company’s overall events strategy and goals, event production & logistics, budget management, vendor management, and promotional plans. These events include sponsored and company-hosted events both small and large. Your efforts will increase and strengthen our presence in the developer community.
- Define and own end-to-end event program planning, project management, and logistics from initial planning to post-event program follow-up of all in-person and virtual events
- Collaborate with the greater marketing team (demand gen, developer relations, partner marketing, etc) and sales team on crafting comprehensive events and sponsorship strategies that will drive awareness and, more importantly, pipeline
- Create a thoughtful and innovative approach to bringing marketing programs to local markets, partnering with the sales leadership team to deliver programs that accelerate deal velocity and increase deal size.
- Develop a unified event program calendar spanning multiple geographies and customer segments
- Create clear and specific goals for event marketing programs and conduct post-event evaluations and ROI analysis; reporting and sharing results and recommendations with revenue and marketing teams
In your first 45 days, you will assess the current state of event marketing programs and investment and identify where we should be in the next 2-4 quarters in order to meet our company objectives. We believe that it's also important for you to take the first month to become familiar with our technology and our company.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will identify new event opportunities for the team and will have put the pieces in place to create repeatable policies and procedures to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the events process.
As our user base grows, you will also have the opportunity to grow the team to accommodate higher demands for support. We want people to have an excellent first impression of CockroachDB and that requires impactful events from you and the team.You Have
- 8+ years of event management experience, ideally with a focus on B2B
- Deep expertise in event planning and sponsorships including budgeting, negotiation, event and travel logistics
- Demonstrated success owning the strategy, framework, development and execution for global, multichannel demand generation campaigns, targeting regional businesses.
- The ability to scale, manage and motivate high performing teams
- A data-driven mindset focused on setting and measuring KPIs and pipeline metrics
- Experience delivering, accelerating, and expanding sales pipeline through regional marketing.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and budget management skills, with the ability to work across all levels of an organization
- The ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and run multiple concurrent project demands within established timelines
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].