Director of Growth Marketing and Digital Product (Flamingo)
Flamingo is looking for a strategic leader to take on the role of Head of Direct to Consumer overseeing the end-to-end strategy and execution of the DTC business, including building shopflamingo.com into a primary bodycare destination for women. We have big ambitions for our DTC business and are looking for a leader who will set the vision and strategy to achieve these goals.
You will deeply understand our experience and customer journey to own the development and execution of a strategic roadmap tied to business outcomes like revenue and retention as well as brand goals like NPS, brand health metrics, and build toward our ultimate goal of being a women’s bodycare destination.
This role will be part of the Flamingo core leadership team and reports directly to the Flamingo GM. You will own growth marketing (acquisition and retention) and web product and guide the strategic roadmap for engineering, analytics and digital creative. The ideal candidate is a great coach, leader, collaborator and culture carrier.
What you will accomplish:
- Oversee the DTC business for Flamingo -- you’ll be responsible for the P&L of the shopflamingo.com business and own the strategic vision and roadmap from acquisition to retention to advocacy.
- Develop and lead the implementation of Flamingo’s long term DTC strategy and customer facing experience (acquisition, web, CRM).
- Own acquisition marketing, developing and scaling channels quickly and efficiently to drive new customer growth. Lead the team to develop smart channel, creative and digital experience tactics.
- Lead digital product initiatives and engineering priorities by setting a clear roadmap and guiding the team in customer-centric execution
- Own the strategy for how best to leverage our growth marketing and web experiences to enhance the DTC business, as well as support the retail portion of the business.
- Own budgeting and forecasting for the DTC portion of the business
- Manage, coach and develop the DTC team, including channel managers (digital and offline) and digital product manager and own the future DTC org build out.
- Work in lockstep with brand and creative leaders to ensure the Flamingo brand is brought to life in a thoughtful and compelling way on DTC
- Partner and guide x-functional team roadmaps to support the DTC business (digital design/creative, analytics, engineering, S&OP)
- Partner across the broader Flamingo and Harry’s Inc org to drive cross functional initiatives and represent Flamingo in digital cross-brand efforts (e.g., quarterly Harry’s Inc. platform prioritization, holiday planning, new digital channels)
- Play an active role as a leader within the Flamingo leadership team
This should describe you:
- A strong business thinker who thrives in scaling businesses efficiently and effectively, taking real ownership and accountability over their work and results
- Proven digital marketing leader who understands and has worked across the full DTC marketing funnel, including acquisition experience
- ~10 years of work experience, with at least 5+ years in eCommerce
- Customer centric. Someone who puts the customer at the core of their strategy and invests in creating great experiences that reinforce the bigger mission of the business
- Highly analytical, structured thinker who is able to glean clear, salient ideas from complex information and very clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand
- A highly organized “doer” with an exceptional ability to multitask, who will take initiative and execute and thrives on developing structure around something new
- An empathetic leader that enjoys coaching and supporting their team’s development
- A natural collaborator. Someone with a passion for working collaboratively and cross-functionally with other teams
- Experience working with in house digital product, design and engineering teams
- No task too small mentality, willing to roll up sleeves and get things done
- General awesomeness and a sense of humor
With well-designed products and honest conversations at its core, Flamingo launched in 2018 starting with a suite of products for body hair. Since then, we have expanded our assortment to be the first brand that offers products for every routine: razors, wax strips for face and body, shave gel, body lotion, and Mons Mist.
With over 1 million razors sold in the first 6 months and 63% of wax kit purchasers having never waxed at home before, we have brought a fresh voice and set of options to the space. Additionally, our products and campaigns have been covered by outlets like Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, and InStyle, and we’ve won major beauty accolades like Allure’s Best in Beauty and Self’s Healthy Beauty awards.
We’re committed to building healthy, positive relationships with our bodies and de-stigmatizing the conversation around women's health. Since launch, we have set aside 1% of all sales to support partners whose missions we believe in deeply, including Exhale to Inhale and PERIOD.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.