Director, Growth Marketing (Performance Media)
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Job:
We are seeking a Director, Growth Marketing (Performance Media) to lead our SEM, Paid Social, Affiliate, Remarketing, and Programmatic marketing channels. In this role, you will oversee the performance marketing team, driving strategy and execution across our media channels. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of performance marketing and acquisition KPIs, has a highly analytical and technical skillset, and thrives in a fast-moving, rapidly evolving organization.
In this role, you will leverage your knowledge and experience across performance marketing channels to drive scale, optimize performance and enable Rent The Runway to achieve overall growth goals.
- Grow and improve performance across media channels, with focus on scaling new customer acquisition while achieving efficiency targets and customer quality based on LTV
- Employ a data-driven strategy in order to build and execute digital testing roadmap across messaging, creative, audience, frequency and channel mix
- Work closely with data and analytics to understand Rent The Runway’s customer’s journey from awareness to conversion and leverage insights to unlock new growth and conversion opportunities
- Partner with Finance and Revenue teams to forecast business growth, and set strategic approach for driving highest ROI marketing investments. Manage complex acquisition modelling and multi-touch attribution modeling
- Lead budgeting and monthly forecasts ensuring that the Performance marketing team is aware of each month’s forecast, strategies, and guardrails to ensure they are able to successfully execute against the brand priorities and remain within forecast
- Own regular and clear communication of performance marketing performance against goals
- Communicate performance to senior leadership on a weekly/monthly/ quarterly basis, highlighting opportunities or trends for continuous improvement
- Oversee team management (internal, agencies, contractors). Responsible for setting budgets, defining objectives, monitoring workflow, identifying and filling resource gaps and implementing and refining processes as needed
- Collaborate with engineering and product to drive initiatives for impacting organic visibility of focused category keywords, site architecture, and taxonomy and content
- 7+ years digital marketing experience across paid search, paid social, affiliate, TV/video, and offline marketing channels (podcasts, direct mail, etc)
- Proven track record successfully managing a multi-million dollar acquisition budget and taking a company through an intensive growth period for an ecomm business (ideally a subscription business)
- Growth hacking mindset: must be highly quantitative, analytical, and a technical self-starter, including the ability to process and understand large data sets and clearly articulate program status to management
- Extensive knowledge of online analytics/business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SQL, etc is a plus
- Excel in strategic prioritization and decision making; effectively balance long term business goals with short term need
- Possess a strong understanding of consumer mindset, consumer empathy and dedication to great consumer experiences
- Excellent communicator: Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Excellent leadership and project management skills; proven ability to build and manage teams
- Collaborate well across teams in a fast-paced, competitive environment
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.