SmartAsset is an award-winning financial technology company pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
We’ve been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
SmartAsset is seeking our first Director of Growth, TV/OTT & Radio to lead and build a new space on the digital marketing team. The ideal candidate has experience planning, optimizing, and strategizing direct response campaigns for OTT, linear TV, digital video, podcasts, radio, and additional offline marketing channels. You thrive in a performance marketing environment, making complex business decisions off of data, and want to contribute to growing the business. You will be responsible for executing a strategy across these channels and collaborating with external agencies to make it happen. A successful candidate should be a direct response marketing expert, highly analytical, committed to making data-driven decisions, and have experience balancing scale and profitability targets on large media buys across digital video, streaming and linear TV.
- Strategy: guide SmartAsset’s paid acquisition strategy across video and audio formats with your expert-level direct response marketing and analysis skills
- Meet revenue and profitability targets across OTT, linear TV, podcasts and more
- Partner management: source and manage relationships with creative agencies and media buying firms to develop winning direct response campaigns
- Analysis: own insights into campaign performance and manage creative / testing roadmap based on iterative process of quantitative learnings
- Report regularly to management on campaign performance and testing roadmap
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5-8+ years of overall direct response digital marketing experience, driving profitable acquisition, exceeding ROI goals and contributing to revenue growth (lead generation strongly preferred)
- 2-4 years’ experience executing campaigns on OTT and linear TV for a direct response brand
- Experience running digital video campaigns, preferably on YouTube
- Proven track record of creating and leading digital marketing strategy to grow a business ideally in the lead generation or startup environment
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, including use of Excel
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Rigorous, highly analytical, and data-driven mindset with a growth mentality
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a timely order
- SQL experience a plus
- Catered lunch three times per week
- Casual dress code
- Weekly happy hours
- Regular team social activities such as a company book club, sports leagues, community service opportunities and more
- Benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k)
- Professional education reimbursement program