Director, International Marketing at noom
Noom Inc., a leader in behavior change, combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful health outcomes for our customers. Noom reaches millions of users worldwide and has been growing revenue 3x year-over-year. The marketing and international teams are at the forefront of this mission, tackling one of the hardest challenges in healthcare today: getting people worldwide to take that initial (and biggest!) step towards living a healthier lifestyle… And this is where you come in!
Noom is looking for a Director of International Marketing to raise the awareness and prestige of the Noom brand outside the US, particularly in our focus markets of the UK, Canada, and Australia. You will be managing a multi-million dollar budget, as well as driving campaign strategies and execution in both earned and paid media. You will also act as a customer advocate, understanding key customer insights (wants, needs, behaviors, habits, etc.), and ensure all brand marketing efforts leverage them. Your KPIs will be Noom's unaided brand awareness and positive brand perception, as well as earned media impressions and social media buzz.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing the marketing plans and roadmaps to grow awareness and consideration of Noom in key international markets
- Driving PR and earned media strategies, hiring/leveraging external agencies where needed
- Developing and executing local Influencer Strategies (celebrities, micro-influencers, etc.), as well as other tactics for activating community of Noom fanatics, and increasing positive WOM.
- Developing and executing local Social Media strategies (channel definition, purpose, messaging strategy for each) which drive increased brand awareness of Noom brand
- Collaborating with Product to drive updates and tests to the Noom site/home page to ensure consistent customer journey during campaign periods, as well as drive ongoing initiatives and tests that improve perception of Noom brand (e.g. adding testimonials micro-site) and drive increased membership
- Collaborating with performance growth marketing partners to ensure consistent brand positioning, and well as positive impact of brand marketing activities on overall business performance
- Building the team and managing internal and external agency resources to make sure campaigns and programs adhere to brand guidelines (messaging, experiences, imagery, and tone of voice), and are delivered on-strategy, on-time, and on-budget.
- Partnering with Noom’s existing highly talented product, engineering and design teams to run tests and launch new features that improve the international user experience
- Improving international customer satisfaction and retention by understanding pain points and validating hypotheses through research and testing
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of marketing leadership experience with an emphasis on international marketing
- Ideally experience with startups, subscription businesses models, international customer bases, and working with large scale consumer audiences
- Experience managing a variety of marketing functions including PR (either in-house or through an agency)
- Fast learner with excellent problem-solving and prioritization skills
- Self-reflective and self-motivated personality who can operate independently
- Strong writing skills and creativity
- A collaborative, self-starter who relishes getting his/her hands dirty and knows how to drive projects from inception to execution
- Great at communicating & working with a high-performing cross-functional team
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (we're on a tremendous growth trajectory, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, tech budget, free meals in the office, and more)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still family driven culture