Director, Local Brand Marketing
Peloton is looking for a Director of Local Marketing to drive an integrated and strategic local marketing approach that results in increased traffic and consumer engagement in retail Showrooms across North America. You'll be responsible for growing Peloton’s brand experience at a local level. Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) development/execution/evaluation of: product marketing campaigns at retail, external local outreach, in-Showroom Member engagement, partnerships and events.
Primary goals of this role are (1) driving traffic to Showrooms across North America and (2) consumer and Member engagement that affects brand perception and drives word of mouth at the local level. Reporting to the VP of Brand Marketing, this candidate will work hand-in-hand with the Retail Team, Visual Merchandising and integrated marketing teams to deliver premium storytelling, while also guiding, influencing and executing retail marketing programs that support our key product KPI’s and Member engagement initiatives that increase foot traffic to Showrooms and drive sell-through. Additionally, this position will drive marketing and messaging consistency between e-commerce and brick and mortar to develop one seamless marketing story.
The ideal candidate will obsess over brand storytelling, consumer insights, local/community marketing AND retail performance, as well as help drive optimizations across in-store and out-of-store activations to deliver business results. You should be a high energy, resourceful, scrappy collaborator with the ability to develop, execute and analyze a local/community marketing strategy and plan. You'll be part of a growing, dynamic, collaborative team that works at a very fast pace, finding ways to delight Members while helping our Showrooms achieve their sales goals.
- Build an annual strategic local / community marketing plan that increases traffic across all Showrooms, while ensuring brand alignment and consistency across retail channels.
- Generate local community and retail insights that drive strategic operations and marketing decisions.
- Amplify brand stories through local activations by:
- Partnering with the Content and Brand teams to identify brand stories that can be pulled into Showrooms.
- Building a rolling calendar of brand stories, plus a sound and executable activation approach, that is successfully adopted and executed at the local level by the Sales team.
- Creating consumer & Member experiences that drive foot traffic, buzz and engagement within Showrooms.
- Fostering engagement and awareness of local brand activations through communication on retail specific social media channels.
- Collaborating with Partnerships and Experiential teams (on a case-by-case basis) to create opportunities to drive foot traffic and experiences through partners that have a shared consumer target, in adjacent categories.
- Author insight-led marketing briefs, lead the creative development of the retail marketing campaigns and manage campaign rollout across the full fleet of Showrooms.
- Develop and inform strategies that will elevate product stories across the full portfolio, within our doors in partnership with Sales, Brand, and Visual Merchandising teams.
- Elevate the in-Showroom test class experience in a way that further drives engagement and product learning to achieve key KPI’s (booking and attendance).
- Manage one direct report (located in the field) to:
- Drive execution of retail marketing strategies while also informing HQ and regional teams of Showroom activities, optimizations and performance.
- Own end-to-end Showroom launch plans through clear cross-functional communication and diligent management of timeline and budget.
- Consistently conduct analysis of the competitive market and consumer trends at the local level.
- Oversee an annual budget and ensure accuracy and discipline in monthly and quarterly budget.
- 10+ years of experience in local / community or retail marketing with a focus on grassroots & retail engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to lead successful campaigns, from strategic development to execution & analysis
- A deep understanding of the retail landscape (with a disproportionate focus on traffic-driving activities) and proven success working with multiple teams to drive results.
- Ability to work cross-functionality and influence strategy in a fast-paced environment.
- Drive experiential Retail and Programming strategy
- Strong knowledge of macro and micro trends in major North American cities.
- Strong analytical, project management and communication skills
- Deep appreciation of end-to-end consumer retail shopping experience
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.