The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Can you build a world-class marketing analytics function whose work directly influences the trajectory of a business every day? Are you passionate about finding insights from data, turning insights into action, and instilling others with the same passion?
Initially as an individual contributor, you will establish the global marketing and analytics insight function to develop, implement and optimize a marketing measurement and reporting framework across business impact and operational KPIs. The objective is to develop a consistent set of KPIs across the marketing team to ensure accountability of performance against goals, provide visibility to the impact market is having on business growth, provide automated reporting and conduct ad hoc analysis, and ensure data-driven decisions are made from insights to better plan and optimize our marketing investment. You will also hold the keys to the marketing technology stack, assist and help us impact our approach throughout the buyer journey and customer lifecycle with data-driven insights. You will interact regularly with the CMO, marketing leaders, sales operations, technical operations and data science.
- Establish and implement a holistic and consistent global marketing measurement framework, dynamic reporting system and review cadence for an integrated view of marketing performance against goals and business impact.
- Develop and implement a set of dashboards and comprehensive data model utilizing Salesforce & Marketo to provide our global teams the capability to analyze lead funnel / campaigns / tactics / channels / website performance as well as give executive leadership key insights to understand impact and determine how best to optimize investments.
- Train and institutionalize measurement and reporting to reinforce data-driven decision making.
- Ensure incorporation of target setting into annual planning process across each team and performance to goal reporting during monthly check-ins and QBRs.
- Forecast, measure, and analyze the impact of marketing campaigns on the customer lifecycle and revenue.
- Manage the monthly campaign reporting consolidating data points and performance summaries for presentation to executive leadership.
- Define and execute projects spanning systems, data management, process automation, data validation, and tech tooling.
- Since you like to geek out on technology, your team will manage marketing the technology stack, you will evaluate tools against best practices and recommend solutions that close the gap, increase efficiency and provide deeper insight working to identify new vendors and work with existing vendors to ensure we are maximizing tools across our team.
- Conduct ad hoc reporting for marketing leaders with insightful recommendations.
- Define a holistic marketing database management strategy that supports data unification and access across our internal systems, ensures data quality, and enforces governance and measurement; partner with the sales operations team to ensure data hygiene in our CRM database.
- Advance our ability to target/segment our audiences for optimized campaign performance. Support marketing testing and optimization projects
- Ensure data pipeline within our current systems we are maximizing our capability for personalization.
- Implementing and instrumenting dashboards with our Tech Ops team
- Conduct ad hoc analysis for campaign optimization by channel
- Establish a regular cadence of reporting to give marketing stakeholders and TTD leadership a deeper understanding of the outcomes of growth and progress towards goals
- Build and manage a team of analytics and insight professionals
- Define and implement a marketing attribution model
- Work collaboratively with marketing leaders, sales operations, and technology operations to assess challenges, potential solutions, align on an approach and execute a plan.
- Standardize our measurement and reporting frameworks to an outcome and data-driven approach.
- Data visualization and advanced reporting: lead the way in moving away from Excel-centric reporting by contributing to the design and implementation of interactive, web-based reporting built with best-in-class data visualization software.
- Advance the understanding of marketing mix dynamics through developing critical business insights to increase their ROI on media channel investments.
- Serve as subject matter expert on marketing measurements that matter, performance reporting, media mix and marketing pipeline analysis.
- Manage and guide the team overseeing operation of marketing analysis & reporting and analytical capabilities for process efficiencies.
- A Bachelor's Degree in economics, statistics, engineering, or related quantitative discipline, plus 7 years in marketing analytics or related (alternatively, a Master's in economics, statistics, engineering, or related quantitative discipline, plus 5 years in digital marketing analytics or related) ideally at a high-growth B2B/SaaS company.
- You have 3+ years managing marketing analytics teams, with bonus points if you have built one from scratch.
- Hands-on experience with marketing automation platforms and technology systems such as Salesforce and Marketo, and data visualization / dashboard tools (Tableau or Power BI).
- You have deep experience in marketing analytics and research techniques, including attribution theory, CAC/LTV estimation, media mix modeling, and customer segmentation.
- Presenting insights and analytical findings to technical and non-technical audiences; distilling complex research concepts/techniques into simple, relevant meaning for internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of statistical concepts and methods, data manipulation and modeling tools (SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner, SQL)
- You are definitely self-driven with an ability to navigate ambiguity while managing competing priorities.
- Various modeling techniques (logistic regression, cluster analysis, and decision trees)
- Understanding of or experience with Demand Side Platform ‘DSP’ and Data Management Platform ‘DMP’
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.