Director of Marketing (Social Media & Content)
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated for over 20 years in giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Leverage a deep understanding of the Grubhub/ Seamless brands, product, industry and growth goals to define our editorial calendar; working cross functionally to ensure team priorities are reflected.
- Lead the strategy for bringing to life our brand voice and positioning across channels; ideating content concepts that generate awareness, grow affinity with key audiences, drive engagement across channels, and achieve quantifiable results.
- Drive content production for our social platforms, including multimedia assets; working with internal and external teams (Creative and production partners) to fulfill content needs.
- Lead the overarching social media strategy for our brands focused on increasing engagement and building community; leveraging data and insights to guide decisions and test programs.
- Work collaboratively with growth teams to test new and innovative channels, ensuring content needs are met, testing plans are in place, and a deep understanding of community is reflected in concepts.
- Oversee influencer strategies, ensuring appropriate collaborators are identified, activated and managed; leveraging them for campaigns that test hypotheses and drive tangible business results.
- Act as the subject matter expert for social media and content needs to ensure stakeholder programs include assets that are best in class for the distribution channels being utilized
- Act as the leader and liaison between Creative and Growth Marketing teams; blending art and science at all times.
- Oversee the team responsible for social media, community, and content
- Manage budget for social and content programs
You Should Have
- 10+ years of relevant experience in social media, marketing, content marketing, other related fields
- Experience overseeing the social media and content or editorial teams for a brand
- Experience managing a team / direct people management experience
- Experience in a leadership role
- Experience managing external / agency partners
- Experience in content production and comfort being on production sets
- Familiarity with paid social media campaigns on Facebook/ Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snap, TikTok, etc
- Experience with social data and analytics and listening tools
Got these, even better:
- Agency experience
- Food/ bev experience (either in-house or at an agency)
- Tech company experience, including working with product orgs
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.