Director Marketing Strategy, Skincare at Ro
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the lead Marketing representative on the Skincare/Category team, driving positioning, brand development, and integrated marketing planning.
- Partner with the consumer insights team, and, when necessary, work with Ro’s broader insights team, to develop an ongoing learning plan for the new business from positioning, to creative testing and beyond.
- Use foundational brand strategy and insight work to guide go-to-market planning for initial product launch.
- Lead the development and execution of key messaging and copy as needed.
- Partner with growth lead to develop integrated marketing programs that deliver against key brand and business KPIs.
- Work with centralized creative and content teams to bring them to life.
- Manage creative production budget—working with a centralized creative group to ensure projects stay within allocated spend.
- Liaise with partners from legal, medical, and marketing to develop advertising and marketing claims, ensuring that all marketing assets are legally and medically sound.
- Nurture post-launch performance, report on KPI’s, and adjust strategy as needed in partnership with the category working team.
- Develop creative briefs for internal and external partners to inform best-in-class creative and marketing execution.
- To start, this role will be an individual contributor but will be responsible for growing a team as the category scales.
- Work cross-functionally on a dedicated team alongside Product, Design, Engineering, Data, Clinical, and Growth to establish brand experience across the offering from the landing pages to the in-visit messaging and beyond.
- Well-versed in macro and micro trends in your category domain and ensure Ro is positioned to react swiftly to quick-turn opportunities.
- Connect the powerful stories that emerge from our patients/members within your domain to our wider Ro brand strategies and activations.
What you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing or brand marketing strategy across channels for nationally recognized consumer brands (Beauty, CPG, DTC, or e-commerce is a plus).
- 4+ years of leadership and people management experience.
- Storytelling prowess–you understand how to connect with the consumer in a way that gets them to take action.
- Digital expertise in building marketing plans and strategic content to support condition launches, brand awareness, customer acquisition, demand generation, events, etc.
- Strong analytical and data skills required and experience working with business reporting tools in a data-driven environment.
- A roster of experienced creative freelancers to call on as needed. Motivated self-starter who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-moving, ever-changing, results-driven environment.
- Excellent presentation skills and communications abilities at all levels, both internally and externally to partners and other 3rd parties.
- Willingness to jump in, as needed, to execute against time-sensitive projects.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
- An outstanding portfolio that showcases your expertise and fit for this role.
Benefits + Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy