Director of Partner Marketing
As the Director of Partner Marketing for JW Player, you will work with a team of talented product managers, product marketers, our Sales and Service teams and the wider Marketing department to drive the continued growth of JW Player.
Wearing many hats, you will manage our go-to-market execution, develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand for partner solutions, develop customer-focused messaging, and coordinate cross-functional project teams.
You will be a primary driver in developing partnership on-boarding and technology alliance programs that drive significant revenue for the company while simultaneously driving the success of our partner product integrations.
You will support our co-selling efforts with a wide variety of technology and digital marketing platforms and act as a liaison between the Partner, Sales, and Marketing teams and external partners to develop and execute a strategy to drive opportunities and bookings.
In this pivotal role, you will function as a leader who will own the JW Player brand presence in the partner ecosystem and our GTM marketing plan with partners globally.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate efforts across alliances, product, sales, and marketing teams to roll out new partner-driven video monetization products and enhancements and activate selling partnerships
- Develop on-boarding and go-to-market efforts for partners including market definition, growth strategy, and go to market plans for JW Player partnerships; ensure achievement of first-year financial forecasts
- Evangelize our shared successes with partners by creating and promoting partner-specific positioning, co-branded case studies, content marketing, video testimonials, webinars, and social media presence.
- Support Alliances team in enabling key JW partners; cultivate a deep understanding of partner needs and shared JW/partner objectives
- Distill and surface market feedback to partner and product teams for new and existing partnerships and product roadmap; serve as a passionate evangelist for the market and customer
- Understand and communicate key trends in the video landscape, and serve as a reliable source of insight for those products
- Develop partner/product narratives that clearly differentiate, and articulate the value proposition of JW partnership solutions
- Own portals, integrated marketing campaigns, and all communications for the JW Player partner community; support marketing team in creation of partner collateral
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; bonus points for MBA and/or management consulting background
- 4+ years of experience in Partner Marketing for a tech or digital media company
- 1-2 years minimum of Product Marketing experience in a tech or digital company
- Exceptional executive presentation style, with ability to represent JW Player both internally and externally to partners
- Demonstrated partner marketing experience and the ability to contribute at both strategic and tactical levels
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas simply and from a customer perspective
- Experience analyzing product, customer, market dynamics and opportunities
- Motivated self starter
*We will also consider candidates based in Los Angeles and San Francisco
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status