Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about this decision from Zocdoc's founder and CEO, Oliver Kharraz.
Your impact on our mission:
People who use Zocdoc love it. You don’t have to take our word for it; you can hear it straight from the source here. But not everyone knows about Zocdoc. Well, not yet -- and that’s where you come in. As our Director of Public Relations, you’ll be responsible for raising awareness by driving earned media coverage across all verticals. You’ll devise and lead a cohesive communications strategy to ensure Zocdoc becomes a household name and remains a beloved brand. You’ll work closely with our founder and CEO, as well as partners all across the organization, to find our most compelling stories and tell them to the world.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Business-minded, results driven. You love to see your work break through and make an impact. You are motivated by a responsibility to move key metrics like awareness and share of voice.
- A nimble and effective multi-tasker. You accomplish more in a day than most accomplish in a week. You don’t just keep pace, you serve as a pacesetter.
- Creative, always strategizing. You voraciously read the news and can’t help thinking about how your brand would fit in. You come up with smart, unexpected, targeted ideas and angles that land.
- A trusted advisor and leader. You will have a broad input and influence over many business-critical topics. You have sound judgment and a global lens. You leverage that to build and preserve trust.
- Everyone’s favorite partner. This is a team sport, and you’ll need to work in lock-step with folks of all levels all across the org. You know how to align interests, gain buy-in, and bring stakeholders along.
- Adaptable and resilient. You are a consummate steady hand at the wheel and can navigate an ever-changing environment. You know how to skate to where the puck is headed.
Your day to day is…
- Devising a PR strategy that ensures there is always a steady cadence of high-value news going out the door. You’ll not just oversee this but will roll up your sleeves to participate in all execution, too.
- Leading our in-house and agency PR team, offering support, direction, and guidance while driving the collective group toward hitting key metrics and driving results.
- Continually building relationships between Zocdoc and key press targets, and using those relationships and insights to constantly evolve our strategy.
- Rapidly responding to the news of the day, in the form of pitches, op-eds, blog posts, etc.
- Liaising closely with Marketing on multi-channel brand-building efforts, ensuring we’re leveraging communications as part of the top-of-funnel mix to drive maximum impact.
- Staying tapped into what is happening all across the org. and identifying stories and initiatives that have PR value; working closely with stakeholders to develop PR-maximizing plans.
- Proactively identifying key risks and opportunities; advising the company’s leaders and other key stakeholders on them.
You’d be successful in this role if you have….
- At least ten years of experience. You’ve worked in-house before, ideally within a technology company that has dramatically scaled. You know about the daily tradeoffs, and you’ve seen it all before.
- Consumer brand building experience. You know how to make a brand into a household name, leveraging earned media and social/influencer programs.
- Corp. comms and issues management chops. You’ve counseled senior leaders through difficult inflection points and decisions where there are no clear or easy answers. And you’ve liaised with the press to make sure those decisions are communicated in a brand-enhancing way.
- A nose for news and strong media relationships. You’re a voracious consumer or news and have direct lines to key reporters and editors driving the conversations most relevant to Zocdoc.
- Strategic hustle. The ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace the unknown, and adapt to a quickly changing environment without losing the thread on what we’re doing or where we’re headed.
- Experience in a complex or regulated industry. Healthcare is hard. You don’t need healthcare experience (it’d be a bonus!), but ideally you’ve operated in a similarly complex, regulated industry.
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the leading US digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.