Director, Product Marketing Manager - Platform at Matillion (Remote)
Product Messaging & Positioning
- Own the creation and updating of product-level messaging and how new the platform and services in our technologies fit within the overall Matillion portfolio
- Become a subject matter expert on customer personas (buyer, user, influencer) and develop strategies for updating and communicating personas across the company
- Creating compelling content that clearly articulates product value mapping to key customer pain points
- Develop differentiation strategies to clearly distinguish our unique product approach against new and legacy industry competitors
- Collaborate with peers in Product Marketing, Product Management, Matillion’s Office of the CTO, and Engineering to help define how data transformation fits into Matillion’s overall platform vision
Product GTM & Launch Strategies
- Plan and coordinate the launch of new products and features and manage the cross-functional implementation of this plan
- Develop sales enablement tools and collateral that support the selling process and reduce sales cycles
- Create/maintain awareness of competing products in our market, and how we stack up
- Develop content to differentiate Matillion’s transformation products in the market, including webinars, blogs, and marketing videos
- Focus on execution, impact, and measurability – continually refactor efforts to improve
Voice of Customer
- Be the voice of the customer (VoC) and the market. Maintain a continual connection with customers and prospects through such vehicles as interviews, focus groups, and interaction with the press/analyst community
- Develop strategies and processes for communicating customer and market feedback with the Product team and other internal stakeholders
- Become a subject matter expert on Data Integration and how SaaS integration platforms solve the customer’s problems for the field team and product teams.
- Experience in product marketing including (but not limited to) market sizing, market segmentation, customer persona definition, messaging/positioning development, competitive positioning, pricing, packaging, product launches, and market research.
- Output orientation with a strong ability to create high-quality, customer-facing content including web content, presentation material, solution briefs, and sales enablement collateral.
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment with a high degree of change
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- 4+ years of professional experience in product marketing, partner marketing, or product management.
- Experience working with or for AWS, Google, Microsoft, or Snowflake.
- Experience in a Data related industry MBA preferred.
- Pragmatic Marketing certification is a plus.
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Proven ability to quickly understand complex issues and develop/apply to simplify frameworks to create understanding for a variety of audiences – make difficult things easy to understand.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with sales, marketing and product teams.
- Proven ability to think and work strategically, while driving rapid execution including personally contributing key deliverables.