Shared knowledge has the power to create a better world. Our mission is to help people share what they know and make money doing it. Through our platform and resources, we help transform expertise and know-how into thriving online knowledge businesses.
Teachable is growing rapidly and we’re seeking an ambitious Director of Product Marketing to join our team and help us write the next chapter. This role provides an opportunity to flex your expertise and build a world-class product marketing practice that will help define our future.
Our ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, curious researcher, and skilled storyteller. You’re a strategic consultant, player-coach, and marketing visionary that has demonstrated an ability to work closely with Product, Marketing, Sales, and Creative teams in delivering impactful outcomes.
In this role you will develop and execute go-to-market plans that are supported by robust market analysis, technical knowledge of our product, and a deep understanding of our customers. You’ll regularly engage with audiences, both internal and external, to refine our understanding of the target customers, perfect product-market-message fit for each target, and define plans for scaling feature adoption.
Strong communication skills are very important, ensuring you’ll be able to confidently share the roadmap to educate and inspire internal and external partners at all levels.
- Conduct thorough research to continuously iterate on our product positioning, value propositions, and messaging; inspiring, differentiating us from competition, and fueling demand. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for defining new market opportunities, developing strategies to enter and grow in these markets.
- Manage cross-functional implementation of product marketing plans and establish PM best practices while living at the intersection of Product, Marketing, and Sales.
- Partner with our product and brand and content marketing teams to develop robust GTM packages that include research, language, and positioning tailored to our potential customers, current customers, and sales leads.
- Ensure marketing program strategy and tactics are aligned to our buyer journey and brand to increase stage progression and adoption of revenue-generating features.
- Lead initiatives to identify insight-driven product opportunities, partnering with others to run experiments that improve performance throughout the buyer journey.
- Lead the development of holistic product narratives in core marketing assets. Regularly update and store all product-specific content and collateral to be leveraged by internal and external teams.
- Create core content for our website, marketing decks, and product literature. Contribute to marketing content for newsletters, email campaigns, and ads.
- Develop written & video product assets and provide subject matter expertise for all marketing campaigns and efforts.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver sales enablement for key business initiatives and support sales activities with content and product expertise as necessary.
Experience & Skills
- 10+ years experience in marketing; 6+ of those years in product marketing specifically. 3+ years experience managing product marketing teams.
- Significant experience working in B2B/B2b technology product marketing, driving adoption for digital products and features
- Proven experience launching new products and creating effective marketing programs that drive growth.
- Strong storyteller with the ability to develop campaigns that get customers' attention and build product brands people love.
- Data-driven marketer, with ability to create and drive experimentation plans.
- Experience using insights and strategic thinking to build business cases that influence stakeholders.
- Experience communicating the benefits of various marketing strategies to business audiences of all levels.
- Experience driving complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to get hands on and jump in to help craft marketing and UX copy.
- You take a lot of initiative, but are continuously collaborative.
- You are high-energy, charismatic, innovative, and creative.
- Experience collaborating with content marketing and brand teams to develop compelling narratives around new products and features
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Flexible work policy beginning Sept. 1, 2021
Employees may be designated as Flex (mainly work from home with in-office option), in office, or fully remote upon special approval.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.