Director, Product Marketing
About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the world’s leading companies create a better workplace experience for their teams by providing the first software built specifically for office professionals, support from dedicated workplace experts, and access to vetted commercial service providers.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
Product at Q
Over the past five years, Q has been focused on making the world work better by giving its users time back in their day. We help our clients and partners focus on the things they care about most so they can realize their full potential. The Product Team is responsible for building new technology and integrating business processes that enable Q to consistently deliver on this vision at scale.
About this role
As a Director of Product Marketing you will join a newly minted team and have the opportunity to shape the role as well as its impact on company-wide objectives. You will regularly partner with Product, Marketing, and Growth teams to craft a differentiated market position that we can reference at every touchpoint of the user experience. This role will be especially valuable to the org as we decouple our service marketplace offerings from the operational tools of our platform, and strengthen our identity as a SaaS product for workplace management. This is a leadership role with plenty of room for creativity. We’re looking for someone with knowledge of the product marketing toolkit, and a passion to better understand our users in order to build a product that they find to be frictionless, enjoyable, and irreplaceable.
- Provide leadership and expertise for MbQ’s relatively new product marketing function
- Build a deep understanding of our customers, partners, market trends and competitive landscape in order to inform product decisions.
- Create compelling messaging that clearly defines MbQ’s role in a complex market.
- Establish a constant feedback loop between understanding user needs, building new features, and effectively communicating the benefits of those features.
- Own the marketing and materials plan for each feature release. Drive both internal/external awareness and product adoption.
- Develop a voice and tone unique to MbQ, and use this to narrate onboarding and retention programs.
- Enable client-facing teams to align on our value proposition, and advocate externally for each product launch.
- Develop data-driven insights to further elevate the product marketing strategy, and track our ongoing progress towards boosting user engagement.
- Be the voice of the customer. Understand customer needs and work with multiple internal teams to ensure we reflect that in everything we do.
- 6+ years professional experience, at least 2 years in a Product Marketing position
- Proven experience leading and managing teammates.
- Track record of success elevating the Product Marketing function and impacting demand generation results.
- Experience creating partnerships both inside and outside of the Product organization, in order to deliver a go-to-market plan that involves cross-functional efforts
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills with a keen ability to translate complex technical capabilities into customer benefits and user stories.
- Problem-solver able to get to the root of a problem and confidently pursue solutions.
- Demonstrated talent and appreciation for both qualitative and quantitative research.
- Excellent organizational skills and an analytical mindset so as to take in information and identify patterns/insights.
- Implementation-focused, and ready to roll up your sleeves and make an impact.
- Experience scaling a B2B SaaS product is a plus
Perks & Benefits
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, and highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, and continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness and inclusion initiatives, and host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, and monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.