Director Product Marketing at Cedar
Growth Marketing Director
Cedar is a fast-growing NYC health-tech start-up looking to add an experienced and innovative Growth Marketing Director to our team. In this role, you will serve as a subject matter expert (in both an internal and external capacity) regarding Cedar, our platform expansion and associated solutions, buyer/user personas, coordinating technologies, and overall industry trends. You will be responsible for collaboratively defining marketing strategy, specifically focused on product messaging and positioning, as well as executing a variety of communication/growth plans to reach specific target audiences – including the development of marketing assets and account-focused sales support collateral.
This is a critical, growth-focused role that works closely and collaboratively with Product, Partnerships/Sales, Account Management, and others within the organization to ensure the alignment and the success of the go-to-market plan. This position reports to the VP, Marketing.
At Cedar, we look for candidates who are driven, energetic and excited to join a fast-paced company. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, self-starter and has previously worked in a start-up (or entrepreneurial) environment. Additionally, candidates should be comfortable playing a role in various aspects of the commercial business including build-out of internal company processes and recruiting.
- Lead the growth marketing plan and execution for Cedar’s first product, CedarPay, and platform expansion
- Based on a deep understanding of market needs, define clear and compelling messaging, unique positioning, content, sales enablement, lead gen strategies, as well as account support and expansion programs
- Perform strategic market analysis including conducting market research and win/loss interviews, working with current clients, prospects, partners, industry analysts and influencers
- Serve as a company champion and spokesperson, communicating with both internal and external stakeholders through social media, webcasts, events, product demonstrations, etc.
- Develop thought leadership and lead generation content including whitepapers, blog posts, and media outreach to establish Cedar’s unique POV with target audience segments
- Support strategic client and internal events (e.g. client partner conferences, sales meetings), including development of presentations/sessions/training for areas related to product value
- Provide market and buyer insights to help inform messaging, product-market fit and the product roadmap
- Orchestrate our product release marketing efforts and lead the evolution of our approach as our set of offerings grows
- Leverage intelligence about key competitors to develop recommendations for how to successfully compete against them
- Work with agency partners and graphic designers to guide brand architecture (as it relates to the product positioning) via creative, innovative and compelling brand guidelines and campaign visuals
- Perform regular status updates to communicate results to leadership/board and other internal stakeholders -- including product marketing KPIs, solution-specific MQLs/pipeline and customer health
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years marketing experience, preferably with 3+ years of content or product marketing experience in the B2B SaaS or health-tech space
- Strong history of leading and executing solutions marketing strategies and plans including building a market-driven business case, creating compelling messaging materials, developing and executing marketing and launch plans
- Trained, versed, and a practitioner in product and solution marketing methodologies
- Understanding of the full product development lifecycle process and agile software development lifecycle process; preferably experience strategizing and launching enterprise software solutions
- Proven ability to understand and simplify complex, technical topics for non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and time management skills
- Strong people skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) required, MS/MBA preferred
- Prior healthcare experience is a strong plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Hubspot and Google Analytics is preferred
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work with a smart, diverse and passionate team dedicated to solving a problem that impacts millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company; we value all feedback and perspectives
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks (brain food!!!!)
- Exposure to top venture capitalists including Thrive Capital and Founders Fund
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.