Director, Product Marketing at Paxos
Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
We are in search of our first ever Director of Product Marketing. In this role, you will lead the product marketing function at Paxos to drive adoption of products and services, customer engagement and revenue. You will hire and grow a team of product marketers focused on the entire product lifecycle, from research and market intelligence all the way through launch and continued product development. You will develop and optimize positioning and messaging for current and new products, and partner closely with Product, Sales/BD and Customer Success to support our growth. You’ll also oversee the work of a Visual Designer who will contribute heavily to marketing material and website design.
We are looking for someone who is as passionate about technology, data and changing the face of an industry, as they are about maximizing value for customers.
What you will do:
- Hire, lead, and develop a small team of high-performing product marketing professionals to ensure the success of go-to-market launches and product adoption
- Align with product and sales teams to drive strategy around product positioning for existing products and new launches
- Assess market needs and opportunities through collaboration with business teams and ensure global alignment and regional flexibility of go-to-market plans that drive measurable pipeline impact and cross-sell opportunities into existing accounts
- Train and support sales and relationship management teams to articulate our product value and competitive advantage
- Develop relationships with key customers, helping turn them into advocates
- Make data-driven decisions to hit company goals
- Communicate effectively and often to ensure all stakeholders are aligned
- Establish KPIs and track the performance of the Product Marketing team’s efforts to ensure that desired business outcomes are met
- Execute comprehensive market, customer, and competitive research to provide a clear view of the market landscape - using both quantitative and qualitative inputs
The work that you do will have a huge impact on Paxos’ goals and bottom line. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company and help build from the ground up.
What you need to have:
- 7-10 years of experience with Product Marketing and Product Development
- Demonstrated experience as a people-focused leader with proven ability to build creative, collaborative teams; develop people; and link performance to overall business objectives
- Experience with determining product-market fit and delivering products to market
- Proven experience launching new products and growing to a mature business.
- Possess player coach mentality. You lead by example and are willing to dive into any project. At the same time, you take pride in being a mentor, and as a manager you listen and provide direct, actionable feedback.
- A tested go to market playbook and the ability to build and evangelize new processes across several teams.
- A highly analytical approach
- Ability to lead and communicate cross-functionally with engineering and other departments
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in business discussions
- Previous experience in tech, finance or other complex industries is required; enterprise or B2B marketing experience is a must
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $65MM Series B
- Podcast with Paxos Founder
- Paxos Blog: Building the Future of Finance
- Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money
- Paxos in the WSJ