Director, Product Marketing at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead a talented team of product marketers to develop product positioning and messaging for all of Braze’s products and services by understanding our brand, customer needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive landscape.
- Facilitate professional and personal development of the team and coach with empathy, trust, and cultural competency to foster an inclusive and growth-oriented environment.
- Work closely with product management to identify needs and establish key product requirements based on customer and market feedback.
- Plan and execute the strategy for launching new products, collaborating with sales, customer success and Braze’s marketing and product leadership teams to ensure well-coordinated execution.
- Create sales collateral and enablement materials to enable our sales, account management, and customer success teams to communicate Braze’s value effectively to prospective and current customers. This will include training these teams on messaging, product capabilities, market landscape and competitors.
- Support demand generation and content marketing with expertly crafted collateral that speaks to target personas to increase market awareness and generate demand for Braze products.
- Provide clear guidance for product marketers on priorities, goals, and objectives while simultaneously creating standardization and connecting the dots across product lines
- Build a cohesive process for how we support Braze products and mold our product marketers into a holistic unit to facilitate effective knowledge sharing, product competency, and visibility.
- Develop frameworks for proactive product marketing to differentiate Braze and support product marketers in operationalizing these practices.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a thoughtful people leader who has a proven track record of inspiring teammates to achieve their potential as professionals and leaders in their own right. You are a strategic powerhouse and world-class collaborator that others across Braze seek out as a partner. Finally, you “have the range” - you are able to work across functions seamlessly, communicate complex messages clearly and effectively, and lead people through a wide variety of interesting and difficult challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; MBA or advanced degree a plus
- 6+ years of experience in B2B product marketing, including 2+ years of people leadership experience, preferably within high-growth technology environments.
- An exceptional coach and people manager with a proven track record of mentoring and elevating teammates to achieve their potential.
- A strong communicator – curious, thoughtful, and clear.
- Able to thrive in a team environment that has been described as both supportive + collaborative + goofy and driven + results-oriented + intense at the same time.
- Able to cut through complexity, lead with influence, make hard decisions, and persevere through obstacles and challenges.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life
- Free daily lunch and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.