Director, Public Affairs & Communication at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
The Director, Public Affairs and Communications will play an integral role within the Public Affairs function and across the organization. Reporting into the Head of Public Affairs, this position will support internal and external communications to drive CLEAR's strategy and initiatives consistently and flawlessly.
What You Will Do:
- Develop creative public affairs and communications strategies, narratives and plans that align with CLEAR's goals and best utilizes our assets and resources
- Work collaboratively across the organization to understand from the bottom up the Company's offerings, audiences and growth path to inform and develop these public affairs and communications strategies
- Develop long-term relationships, pitch original story ideas and mitigate crisis situations with a diverse range of media
- Work with the Public Affairs team to execute a full range of activities including messaging, content, social media, advertising and events that are aimed at engaging elected officials, the policy community and consumers
- Regularly consult with and advise members of the senior management team on all communications matters and provide functional assistance to support their needs
- Assist in shaping and executing internal communication efforts directed at both corporate and regional employees
- Write and/or oversee the production of materials such as messaging, talking points, FAQs, press releases, op-eds, reports, memos, and presentations
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of experience in conceiving, leading and implementing proactive, creative and comprehensive communications/public affairs campaigns
- Robust relationships with business and technology media
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- An understanding of how to position others as thought leaders before the media, government officials, and key stakeholders.
- The ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
- A record of creating and managing complex communications plans
- A creative mind and a goal-oriented mindset
- Ability to thrive in an environment where structure and flexibility combine
- Bachelor’s Degree