The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Vice President of Communications and Editor-in-Chief, the Director, Social Media will and will be responsible for developing and owning our social media strategy, developing that strategy as a major flywheel to amplify the company’s leadership and strategy, driven by gold standard content. In doing so, s/he will increase online engagement and brand awareness and strategically manage and grow our follower base. This position manages a small team, works across the global marketing team and requires a high amount of team collaboration and communication.
- Develop and execute comprehensive social media strategy to elevate and amplify TTD’s voice.
- Understand TTD’s leading business differentiators, and work to leverage social media strategically as part of a broader marketing/communications/content approach, acting as the flywheel to amplify TTD’s brand.
- Act as a brand storyteller, leveraging the unique platform of social media to reach new and existing audiences.
- Strategically grow TTD’s social media following across platforms, targeting a range of audiences and influencers, through strategic engagement and content.
- Build a strategic social media engagement program, vs simply leveraging social as another distribution channel.
- Deep understanding of social media analytics and ability to translate data and performance to optimize engagement.
- Work closely with cross functional teams.
- Measure, analyze and report on goals and channel performance
- Fully manage all organic social channels and work closely with Paid Marketing team to inform overall strategy
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, communications, or related field, preferred
- Minimum of 10+ of professional experience managing strategic social media programs, building social media audiences strategically, leveraging social as a key element of marketing and business development programs.
- Experience as a leader of strategic content teams, developing longer form persuasive content that can be leveraged via social.
- Experience in social media engagement with success in driving new engagement strategies.
- Experience working with senior business leaders to develop successful social media engagement strategies.
- Excellent analytical skills to marry the quantitative with the qualitative
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent team management and collaboration skills.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.