Flexible locations: US or UK - Remote or in-office NYC / London
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them reach, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers and technologists. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is looking for a Director of Technical Product Marketing for our B2B SaaS knowledge sharing and collaboration platform, Stack Overflow for Teams. This role is for a senior product marketer who has a good grasp on tech evangelism in order to speak authoritatively and authentically to the B2B SaaS Technology buyer.
While we’re very open to hiring remotely within the US & UK, we need your working hours to overlap with at least the hours of 10AM - 1PM US Eastern time.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are an experienced technical product marketing leader, who has helped scale a fast growing SaaS business focused on technology buyers, and successfully led and mentored a team.
- You are a trusted partner. Product, Sales, and other Marketing team members turn to you for your knowledge and perspective, they want to collaborate with you, and they trust that you’ll be critically thinking about everything that comes your way.
- You understand the B2B SaaS technology buyer - from C-Suite down to Developers and Technologists. You have marketed products to one or more of these B2B buyer personas.
- You have been a lead technical evangelist who can create and deliver content in a variety of media (pitch decks, website copy, white papers, videos, emails, blogs, social).
- You closely follow, understand and can create technical content and marketing materials that cover concepts and technologies in the developer and technologist workflow (e.g. DevOps, CI/CD, public Cloud, containers, Kubernetes, etc.)
- You have managed individuals and teams to drive to results; this role will oversee all product marketing efforts for Stack Overflow for Teams.
- You have created actionable buyer personas, crafted compelling positioning and messaging, written differentiated technical content and thought leadership, and have worked with internal partners on go to market strategies for Sales teams and/or other channels.
- You have translated complex technical concepts and technologies into strategic business and customer-centric value propositions. You have shared these concepts in a variety of media (pitch decks, website copy, white papers, videos, emails, blogs, social).
- You have conducted sales enablement sessions to help reps understand our product and how to position it effectively with prospects and customers.
- You have developed deep technical knowledge about products and capabilities, competitor products and services, and the competitive landscape in general.
- You know why attention to detail is important and you focus on the details in everything you do.
- You are comfortable working with data. You know how to get the data you need, how to analyze it, and turn it into stories to support product positioning, marketing campaigns, or sales collateral.
What you’ll do:
- Priority 1 - partner with Marketing, Product and Sales leadership to set 2021 priorities / milestones for Teams Product Marketing Team, while ensuring the team is set up for success.
- Priority 2 - partner with Product Marketing, Growth Marketing, Demand Generation, Product and Sales teammates to create robust buyer personas, craft impactful messaging and positioning, and update this across all external and internal channels and assets.
- Priority 3 - develop a content strategy to generate awareness and interest in our product. Work with your Demand Gen, Content, and Design partners to execute your vision.
- Priority 4 - find and craft stories to tell in campaigns, on our website, and to our clients to help them understand the benefits of our product.
- Your everyday responsibilities:
- Lead the product marketing team focused on Stack Overflow for Teams
- Critically think about any products, strategies, or requests that come your way
- Collaborate across internal teams
- Communicate the product value to various audiences, using various methods (digital collateral, videos, etc.)
Who you’ll be working with:
- You’ll be on the Product Marketing team, reporting to our Head of Product Marketing and managing two senior Product Marketing Managers.
- In addition to your Marketing partners, you’ll also be working with Product, Engineering, Research, Design, RevOps, Customer Success, and Sales teams across Stack Overflow for Teams.
- We’re a highly collaborative company.
What you’ll need to have:
- Prior B2B SaaS Technical Product Marketing role with full ownership of buyer persona development, messaging and positioning and content creation.
- Skilled at collaborating with and speaking the language of Technology B2B SaaS buyers and sellers.
- Experience leading, developing and growing product marketing teams
- You have done and can do these things…
- Learned a new product quickly
- Work cross functionally across teams and build trust with your partners
- Excel at working collaboratively
- Manage your priorities and requests
- Think and act strategically as well as execute on tasks on time
- A strong storyteller and writer, you know to how get and keep attention from different B2B buyers
- Communicate effectively - you can adjust how you communicate depending on who you are speaking with and what you need to say
- Write up findings and present them to various partners so they know what they need to know and have clear direction to make decisions
- Familiarity with how DevOps, software development, and IT teams work and collaborate together
- If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway - we value different perspectives and experience.
- We’ll only consider applications with a cover letter - please make sure to include yours and tell us what you’ll bring to the team.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.