Hi, we're Brigit! A financial health app for the everyday American. By using cash flow data to automate finances, not only do we help people today, but also empower them to start saving for tomorrow. Brigit analyzes data from billions of individual bank transactions and formulates a deep understanding of each member’s cash-flow mismatches and spending habits. Using that data, we're able to send no-fee predictive advances and help millions of Americans avoid late payment fees, predatory overdraft fees, and interest rates. Our initial product is focused on disrupting the predatory $44 Billion payday loan and overdraft market and our future products will continue to empower and improve the lives of over 100M underserved Americans.
We are looking for an experienced marketer to lead and scale our Lifecycle and Retention Marketing programs. As the Director of User Marketing, you will cover a broad set of retention and engagement campaigns across email, push, SMS, and in-app channels. This role will drive cross-functional efforts across lifecycle marketing, working with product, engineering, and analytics. We are seeking someone who sees the value in approaching every problem from both a data-driven and creative standpoint and is passionate about making an impact both internally and externally.
You will be responsible for formulating and executing our strategy to increase retention, user value, and referral acquisition. As a leader, you will work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth, developing seamless onboarding and engagement user journeys, enhancing audience segmentation) and at the tactical level (designing, launching, and analyzing campaigns and programs).
What you’ll be responsible for
- User metrics such as sign up rates, retention and churn, product usage, and referrals.
- Management and development of a small team focused on executing our User Marketing strategy.
- Cross-functional alignment within the marketing team (paid acquisition, content marketing, PR) and across the broader organization (finance, engineering, design, product) to set, track, and achieve company objectives.
- Improve our capacity for continual, creative, rigorous, and data-driven enhancements to user communications and the user experience.
What you’ll do
- Own the customer lifecycle strategy to convert free members to paid subscribers, increase user engagement and retention, develop loyalty, increase referrals, and maximize lifetime value.
- Set, track, and report team metrics and KPIs.
- Develop, execute, analyze, and optimize multi-channel programs for acquisition, retention, win-back, and growth.
- Manage and improve new and existing programs by testing copy, graphics, timing, delivery, and other changes.
- Monitor all programs for adherence to legal and brand standards.
- Administer and enhance our user marketing technology stack.
- Sit on a cross-functional product team and participate in product discovery, design, implementation, launch, monitoring, and improvement.
- Be our lifecycle marketing expert; stay current on tactics, tools, technologies, and best practices.
Who You Are
- Strong analytical approach to funnel activation metrics measurement, campaign performance, and optimizations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills Hands-on and detail-oriented.
- Effective communicator; courage to challenge with candor.
- Strong cross-functional leadership and relationship building ability.
- Work with humility, empathy, and a service-oriented attitude of “Member First”.
- Experience in hiring and managing a team.
We're backed by leading VC's, including DCM, Canaan Partners, NYCA, and a number of the world's most influential social impact investors. If autonomy, ownership, and having meaningful input in the company you work for is important to you, come join our growing team!
Our Benefits & Team
-Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
-Day 1 benefit coverage for health, dental, and vision
-Offer competitive paid parental leave policy
-Dog friendly office
-Employee wellness initiatives
At Brigit, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description