SmartAsset is an award-winning financial technology company pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
We’ve been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
SmartAsset is looking for an Editor to join our growing team and help us create high quality personal finance content. The person will manage writers, edit articles, help conceive and research new content campaigns, manage update projects, and (occasionally) write articles. The ideal candidate has a passion for personal finance education and data-based decision making; has produced content for a digital audience with a focus on SEO; and possesses strong editing and writing skills.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years in digital editing/writing
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university, preferably in journalism, English or business
- Experience managing writers
- Previous experience covering personal finance topics, preferably including retirement and investing
- Expert level knowledge of SEO best practices
- Strong project management skills
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities with minimal oversight
- Ability to create well-written content in a timely and consistent manner
- Outstanding editing, grammar and writing skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with data analytics platforms like Google Analytics and SEMrush preferred a plus!