Email Marketing Manager (Operations & Development) (JR101417) at Better
Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com’s marketing team eagerly focuses on figuring out how to grow and convert our customer base as they go through the complicated, scary and expensive journey to home ownership. Our Email Marketing Manager will be tasked with leveraging email, SMS, content, and other tools to meet prospective borrowers where they are, break down what it means to work with Better, and encourage customers to ultimately choose us for their home finance needs. We are looking for a talented email marketer and platform expert to execute marketing communications, specifically leveraging Iterable. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of email marketing best practices, will be self-motivated, and have a strong sense of personal accountability.
You will own the daily email operations of the marketing org to ensure that campaigns are completed and deployed on time. You will be responsible for using email coding languages to develop, maintain and test email templates in addition to building and launching complex workflows. You will work closely with designers to develop and optimize engaging email templates while ensuring proper brand practices and guidelines. You will be responsible for troubleshooting coding issues and bugs related to marketing automation to ensure proper rendering across ISPS and platforms. You will perform QA (Quality Assurance) on your own work as well as conducting peer review of campaign and workflow set up and coding to ensure accuracy. You will frequently collaborate with cross company stakeholders on shared deliverables and timelines, including partners in sales, product marketing, and acquisition. You will be responsible for the coordination, execution and analysis of all launched email campaigns.
- You have at least 2 years of experience with strong technical skills with HTML/HTML5, CSS, JSON and scripting languages
- You have at least 2 years of experience with responsive email development (experience with dark mode is a plus!)
- You have at least 2-4 years of relevant marketing experience, including familiarity with CRM and hands on experience with marketing technologies
- You have advanced experience with email service providers like Iterable, Customer.io, Sendgrid, Braze, or Sailthru
- You must possess an acute attention to detail
- You have empathy for customers and your peers, and are excited to work collaboratively on behalf of our borrowers.
- You are a curious person who is excited to learn about a new industry.
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.