Email Marketing Manager
Common’s hands-on, end-to-end property management and technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of today’s renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager reporting to our Marketing Manager who will own the strategic and tactical execution of all email marketing campaigns, from HTML coding through deployment and reporting.
- Operationalize and manage the email marketing programs to support demand-gen campaigns, nurture campaigns, retention, content marketing, etc.
- Collaborate with the broader Marketing team on email campaign strategy, planning, and scheduling, including effective audience segmentation
- Coordinate company-wide emails including planning, asset gathering, building, approvals, scheduling, QA, and execution of test sends, and deployments
- Bring strategic insight to lead nurturing efforts by providing concrete roadmaps for drip campaigns, triggered emails, and one-time transactional emails
- Lead email content planning and creation, list segmentation, and deployment driving our end-to-end email production process
- Participate in creative content development; project manage the creation of copy and visual assets
- Manage the email marketing calendar to effectively field requests from cross-functional teams
- Monitor and drive key business metrics, including conversion rate and click through rate, and regularly improve acquisition, activation, engagement, and conversion
- Maintain the performance and health of the email channel with regard to audience segmentation, send times, list hygiene, and deliverability
- Implement measurable testing strategies, including A/B testing templates, subject lines, and CTAs to improve results
- 3+ years of experience building large-scale email campaigns, inclusive of strategy, execution, and reporting
- Demonstrable experience in designing, building, and executing email campaigns with high engagement
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS as it relates to email template design
- Experience leading campaign analytics and reporting; able to apply insights to optimize for performance
- Knowledge of best practices in targeting and segmentation, testing, and messaging strategies
- Meticulous attention to detail, ensuring quality in everything you produce
- Proficiency with email tools (Mailchimp, Pardot, etc), CRM (e. g., Salesforce), Web Tools (Splashthat, Wordpress), marketing automation tools (e. g., Pardot, Zapier, Mailparser)
- Ability to manage multiple competing projects at various levels of scale
- CRM experience
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.