We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join our growing marketing team at our HQ in SoHo. You will develop, scale, and optimize email marketing strategies across our products. You will be responsible for email production, execution, testing, proofreading, deployment, and reporting of email campaigns. In this role, you'll exercise your full range of strategic, analytical, and creative skills to help millions of learners achieve their goals every day.
Embedded within the marketing team, you will work closely with the creative, product, and data science teams to implement marketing campaigns focused on the entire end-to-end user journey.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversee all lifecycle marketing campaigns across a variety of channels (email, push, in-app, direct mail), including onboarding series, nurture, transactional, seasonal campaigns, and more
- Create a robust segmentation strategy aimed at personalizing the customer journey and maximizing every touch point in the customer lifecycle
- Develop a rigorous testing strategy to continually optimize these programs, including identifying opportunities to A/B test campaigns, with the goal of driving increased conversion and retention behavior from our lifecycle email program
- Report on key email metrics and performance against key top-line business KPIs, including increasing free-to-paid conversion, reducing churn, and more
- Work with the Creative team to manage and oversee all aspects of the lifecycle email development process, including experimenting with new messaging and email templates, seeking to maximize the performance of initiatives
- Work closely with the Data Science team to understand user behaviors that correlate with engagement, conversion, and retention, in order to develop strategies that will impact these metrics, through tactics such as segmentation and messaging
- Regularly identify trends and track lifecycle email marketing strategies from other consumer and B2B SaaS brands to glean insights on new ideas for lifecycle email marketing
- 3+ years of direct experience managing email marketing campaigns and automations with a proven track record of overseeing and optimizing lifecycle emails at a consumer SaaS company
- Experience strategizing and developing triggered emails that adhere to a customer lifecycle journey
- Prior experience working with CRM/marketing automation tools and across email, push, and/or in-app messaging. Familiarity with Iterable and Hubspot a plus.
- Passion to craft a narrative — both written and verbally
- Strong attention to detail — our emails reach tens of millions of inboxes every month
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Deep analytical and data acumen and familiarity with data analytics tools like Google Analytics, Looker, etc. to analyze results and identify new opportunities
- Ability to edit HTML & CSS email templates and experience with Liquid (or similar language) for dynamic personalization
- Awareness of email marketing trends and best practices
- An understanding of the requirements for CAN-SPAM compliance as well as the nuances of email compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR or CASL)
- Experience with CDPs (e.g. Segment, mParticle) and their segmentation capabilities
- Experience at medium-to-late-stage startups
- Experience in other SaaS businesses, specifically education
- Experience with other CRM channels such as push notifications, SMS, or in-app messaging
- Global and/or localization experience
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through coding education is a plus
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote