Email Marketing Manager at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com’s marketing team eagerly focuses on figuring out how to grow and convert our customer base as they go through the complicated, scary and expensive journey to home ownership. Our Email Operations Manager will be tasked with leveraging email, SMS, content, and other tools to meet prospective borrowers where they are, break down what it means to work with Better, and encourage customers to ultimately choose us for their home finance needs. We are looking for a talented email marketer and platform expert to execute marketing communications, specifically leveraging Iterable. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of email marketing best practices, will be self-motivated, and have a strong sense of personal accountability.
Responsibilities will include:
You will own the daily email operations of the marketing org to ensure that campaigns are completed and deployed on time, in addition to building out our newsletter program. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining email templates in addition to developing a rigorous QA process to ensure all campaigns are accurate. You will collaborate with cross company stakeholders on shared deliverables and timelines, including partners in sales, product marketing, design, acquisition. You will be responsible for the coordination, execution and analysis of all email campaigns and newsletters.
- You have at least 2-4 years of relevant marketing experience, including familiarity with CRM and hands on experience with marketing technologies
- You have spent at least 2 years working with Iterable, Customer.io, Sendgrid, Braze, or Sailthru
- You have strong proficiency with HTML/CSS
- You have a solid understanding of email marketing key performance indicators
- You are an excellent communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- You are extremely organized and detail oriented.
- You have empathy for customers and your peers, and are excited to work collaboratively on behalf of our borrowers.
- You are a curious person who is excited to learn about a new industry.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.