Recently Vimeo became a public company (NASDAQ:VMEO). As we continue to experience tremendous growth we’re looking for a communications professional to join our expanding communications team to lead all employee and corporate sustainability communications efforts.
This is a new role for the organization, one that will require creativity and strategy to shape and drive communications strategies from the ground up. This role requires a candidate who wants to play a critical role in company programs that inform and engage Vimeo employees globally, strengthen our employer brand, and in crafting Vimeo’s corporate sustainability narrative. They must look forward to preserving and evolving Vimeo’s unique company culture across a rapidly expanding distributed team. And, they must have a passion for social responsibility and sustainability, how it can be infused across the company’s operations and culture, and in helping to drive Vimeo’s burgeoning efforts in this area as a public company.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a resident employee and culture communications specialist, building awareness and confidence in the company’s mission, priorities, principles and culture, and foster community in a hybrid office/remote work environment
- Work closely with the HR, Policy, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion teams to devise global programs that communicate Vimeo’s commitment to sustainability across environment, social, and governance (ESG), including producing company progress reports and updates
- Help tell the Vimeo story by identifying authentic stories and programs that highlight the unique backgrounds and perspectives of Vimeo’s employees,
- Find opportunities that elevate Vimeo’s employer brand globally as a great place to work and celebrating team accomplishments
- Drive usage of employee content across social channels
- Draft announcements, video scripts, remarks, letters, etc.
- Conceive and lead executive town halls and internal events
- Establish a metrics-based evaluation system to track progress of strategies and programs
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of global communications experience, with a focus on employee communications
- Understanding of Corporate Sustainability communications and marketplace trends
- Video-savvy and mastery of producing video-based communications and live streaming events
- Strong strategic problem solver able to effectively shape broad corporate storytelling
- Experience interacting with executive leadership
- Excellent writing skills for multiple audiences
- Demonstrated social media expertise
- Thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Creative, flexible, and collaborative— willing to jump in when and where needed
- Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs