Reporting to the Event Producer, this position will assist with the planning and execution of our Group Nine Media experiential events including annual tentpole events and branded advertiser events.
- Report to Event Producer and support overall department with day-to-day needs
- Research venues, restaurants, premiums, talent, new event technology, etc. for potential event use
- Contact and contract venues, vendors, restaurant/chef partners, talent, etc.
- Conduct venue site checks, create floor plans, and work through audiovisual/tech needs
- Manage event budgets and track invoices/expenses
- Conceptualize creative and engaging activations that align with each event
- Oversee Splash, RSVP, ticketing and all aspects of the ticketing/RSVP page process
- Manage event guest lists, email lists, and monitor ticket sales on Splash
- Work with account managers on scheduling event email invitations to Thrillist subscribers
- Create event documents including: shot lists, run of show, deliverables list, printing grids, etc.
- Work with internal design team on creative needs for each event
- Organize storage room and track inventory of event supplies, as needed
- Support creation of experiential program write ups and presentation decks/slides for integrated marketing programs as needed
- Update department status documents, sales proposal trackers, event calendars and advertiser prospect lists
- Manage the events drive so everything is up-to-date and labeled properly
- Create Event Wrap Up decks, case studies and one-sheets
- Sweepstakes prize fulfillment related to events
- Submit weekly invoices to Finance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2-4 years related event management and/or digital media experience
- Familiar with the Group Nine Media brands
- Extreme attention to detail, and ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Must be able to work autonomously but also be a team player
- Must be able to work flexible hours and travel when needed
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds or more
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Keynote, and Google applications (Mail, Drive, Sheets)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, especially when working with executives and VIPs
- Experience in building HTML is preferred but not required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced work environment
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
One of our core beliefs is that a workplace filled with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds, interests, and personalities makes our team and our work better. We are a team of people from various social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds who value professional development, diversity, work/life balance, and doing meaningful work while having fun.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.