Events Coordinator at Codecademy
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
As an Events Coordinator you will join our Community Managers, Marketing, and Product teams to build a world class virtual and in-person events program. You’ll help scale events globally, connecting learners with engaging events on audio, video, and live platforms. Scaling successful events provides our learners with a well-rounded education and introduces them to public speaking, networking, and entertaining educational content.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Scale events across audio, video, and live (in-person) platforms
- Organize, coordinate, and promote podcasts, live streams, virtual meetups, fireside chats, hackathons, and virtual presentations.
- Organize, coordinate, and promote in-person meetups and conferences.
- Create new events and participate in event-related strategic planning.
- Create innovative ways to grow attendees across all events.
- Work with community members and external participants and speakers to give them a great experience when participating in Codecademy events.
- Measure the business impact of events.
- Tie event attendance to key product metrics such as acquisition, activation, conversion, and retention.
- Work with the Data Science team to develop insights that can be used to evolve events and increase their impact on the business.
- Work with our Marketing team to surface events and promote them broadly.
- Share event-related stories and results with the company on a consistent basis.
- 1-2 years of experience as an Events Coordinator at a SaaS company.
- You have verifiably excellent public speaking, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A natural enthusiasm and interest in learning to code with Codecademy.
- The ability to create fun, imaginative, and informative events for community members.
- The ability and penchant for project management; you take a project-driven approach to partnering with community leaders on new initiatives and campaigns.
- You’re a people-person and a connector; you have natural relationship-building skills, you're deeply empathetic, and you have a proven love for events.
- A firm understanding and ability to speak about technical products and initiatives.
- Proven track record of successful virtual and in-person event execution.
- Experience working with community platform tools such as Bevy, Discourse, and Discord.
- Experience analyzing data with tools such as spreadsheets, SQL, and Looker.
- Experience working in the technical education industry, ideally in a customer-facing role.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.