Events Manager at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:42 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, September 18, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
The Events Manager is a key contributor role with Veeva’s North America marketing team. The role supports the logistical execution of large-scale internal and customer events within North America. The successful candidate must be able to focus on the execution side of events, be an operational contributor for all day-to-day processes, help manage budgets, support execution of tactics, activities, and other details. Must be a team player working collaboratively with sales, marketing, and cross-functional teams.
What You’ll Do
- Working with a cross-functional team, the Events Manager provides planning and logistical support for Veeva’s major customer conferences, our internal field kickoff event, and other special program support. The Events Manager will act as lead for assigned tasks and be responsible for the successful execution of key deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring flawless execution, quality of service, and timely delivery of all necessary components and materials for each event
- Short- and long-range planning and proactive management and prioritization of timelines and priorities
- Logistics and management for key conference elements (in-person and virtual)
- Maintaining budget, procurement, and invoice/expense tracking and reconciliation
- Providing input on-site and vendor selection
- Internal communications and coordination
- Evaluating event success through analytical and qualitative assessments
- Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of industry best practices to bring fresh ideas for digital and in-person events
- 4+ years of corporate events experience in B2B with a business audience
- Experience with the major aspects of large-scale (1,000+ attendees) world-class conferences, live and virtual, with a focus on logistical planning and execution
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Proven excellence participating in cross-team program management and high attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to build relationships with other teams and across all levels
- Self-starter, proactive, creative, and analytical
- Ability to travel 15-20%
Nice to Have
- Experience marketing in enterprise software or SaaS
- Experience marketing in the life sciences industry
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]