Catalyst is the world’s most intuitive Customer Success Platform (CSP), and was built by an experienced group of industry leaders. Our software integrates with the tools that CS teams are already using to provide one centralized view of customer data. Customer Success Managers can subsequently take the right actions to prevent churn, increase product adoption, and align the entire organization on a unified workflow to manage customers throughout their journey. Catalyst helps organizations turn Customer Success into a company-wide mission.
Catalyst is looking for an energetic and data-driven Events Manager to grow and execute our events strategy across the US and Canada. As our Events Manager, you will collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders and partners, including Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and community leadership to conceptualize and execute incredible events that create value for attendees, leave people wanting more, grow the Catalyst brand, and ultimately drive awareness, pipeline, and revenue.
As our Events Manager, you should be passionate about creating incredible and unique experiences for people, and about developing strong relationships with our community members. We have an ambitious events roadmap for 2022, and are looking for someone who is excited to take it on, add their own flavor and expertise, and execute the best remote and in-person events possible.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Sales and CS to drive attendance to all virtual and in-person events and ensure we hit our goals for capacity
- Conceptualize, plan, and manage the execution of Catalyst events in New York, San Francisco, and other North American cities as well as remote events
- Orchestrate programs like CCO School and other exclusive, high-touch opportunities to build relationships with executives
- Conceptualize, plan, and manage the execution of Catalyst activations at industry conferences and events
- Collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders to determine how to make our events as strategic and impactful as possible for both Catalyst and the tech community
- Coordinate with any sponsors/partner companies and communities to make sure all stakeholders, internal and external, are always on the same page, are aware of action items, deliverables, etc.
- Track key results from events and lead post-mortems after each one to aggregate stakeholder feedback and determine what can be improved moving forward
- Pay extremely close attention to every detail to ensure event guests have a seamless experience at all Catalyst events in every city and remote
- Look for ways we can surprise and delight event attendees both virtually and in-person, whether that means, swag, custom gifts, surprise speakers, impromptu karaoke…
- Use a data-driven approach to develop strategies for driving up attendance, reducing attrition, and streamlining the handoff of event-sourced contacts to Sales
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of experience in the conceptualization and execution of events in a B2B environment
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets, and creating value through events
- Extremely strong writing and communication skills
- Experience negotiating event and vendor contracts
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Familiarity with HubSpot and creating invitation campaigns that drive people to sign up/register
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple internal teams and stakeholders
- Experience managing sponsors and partners, taking a value-focused approach. All our partners and sponsors should love collaborating with us on events more than any other company
- Comfort with travel (never more than 1 week maximum out of each month)
- Examples of creative, out-of-the-box ideas you’ve executed before (preferred)
- Hard data from previous events you’ve run that show ROI (preferred)
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Highly competitive compensation package, including equity - everyone has a stake in our growth
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved ones
- Open vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance
- Annual education stipend, to ensure that you're continuously expanding your skill set
- Monthly wellness stipend, to ensure that you’re taking care of both your physical & mental health
- Monthly remote team-building events, including game nights, trivia, cooking/mixology classes, and more!
Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.