Events & Marketing Associate at theSkimm
theSkimm Marketing Team is a small group of fast-moving and creative thinkers who nurture and bring theSkimm’s voice and brand to life across multiple touchpoints in our members’ daily lives, creating narratives for multiple verticals, while driving growth and increasing engagement digitally and in person.
We are seeking an Events & Marketing Associate to support our Director of Campaigns, Partnerships & Events and manage operations for our events. This is an exciting and unique position which will encompass both event production (serve as liaison with events vendors, sponsors and partners) and design coordination (brainstorm creative concepts to bring our events to life and create and implement all visual elements of events).
This role has relationship-management and operational responsibilities and will often manage multiple, concurrent events while moving at a fast pace. You will work cross-collaboratively with marketing, sales and editorial team members and will serve as an ambassador to the events team during client interactions.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to join a newly-created team within an established and well-known organization.WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Serve as production lead with all vendors including venue, catering, internal creative team, décor, fabricators, audio, lighting, photographer, and staffing
- Conduct all site visits and key client meetings
- Work with our internal talent and social department in securing talent and fulfilling riders if needed
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining key event documents including budget, run of show, work back schedule, contact list
- Be the on-site production lead for the event
- Oversee/contribute to budget management
- Participate in brainstorm and development of concepts for best-in-class experiences
- Generate floor plans, mood boards, renderings and graphic assets for events
- Work with our internal design, creative, and marketing team members to ensure strategic designs that clearly address business needs
- Develop templates and presentations
- 3+ years of experience of high volume, fast-paced events experience
- Client/relationship experience
- A strong eye for design and creative vision
- Proficiency in Powerpoint, Indesign, Photoshop, and Keynote
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in high-pressure environment
- Desire to work hard, learn new skills and grow professionally
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches and monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches and a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.