Events Marketing Manager, Ads/Marketing at HUMAN
At HUMAN, we are all about keeping it human. We are a cybersecurity company that protects enterprises from bot attacks to keep digital experiences human. We have the most advanced Human Verification Engine that protects applications, APIs, and digital media from bot attacks, preventing losses and improving the digital experience for real humans. Today, we verify the humanity of more than 10 trillion interactions per week for some of the largest enterprises and platforms across the internet.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Human Verification Engine protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
We’re looking for an Events Marketing Manager to join the Brand Experience team supporting our activations across Advertising and Marketing industries, including our new industry initiative The Human Collective. Reporting to the VP, Corporate Marketing, this role will play a key role in spreading the word about HUMAN with our partners and prospects.
You will be a part of the HUMAN front line in our dedication to helping protect companies from both revenue and reputation risk caused by malicious bots! This is an outstanding opportunity to join an industry leader in eradicating fraud from the digital ecosystem while working with some of the brightest minds in cyber security.
If you’re looking for a role where you can make the internet a safer place for future generations (capes and masks optional), while helping us achieve exponential growth, then this role is for you.What you will do:
- Passionately and independently lead all aspects of on-site and off-site events, prioritizing to handle event production effectively, including planning, budgeting, execution, and post-event reconciliation.
- Events include meaningful industry events such as CES, Cannes Lions & Advertising Week, custom client events, VIP dinners, as well as internal offsites, and corporate retreats. This applies to both digital and live events.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and internal business units to craft and execute event strategies.
- Plan and run site inspections, develop and maintain program timelines, handle program budget, and plan all program logistics acting as the show producer.
- Work with Art Director to craft each event environment to achieve brand goals and purposes that align with company vision and key objectives.
- Lead and implement sophisticated logistical elements of the program, including sourcing, meeting space design, attendee management, travel, transportation, technology platforms, F&B, AV, entertainment, security, and shipping/receiving.
- Handle vendors, freelance contractors, and venues including hotels, technical producers, and all third-party suppliers from procurement to completion.
- Develop, maintain, and reconcile budgets by negotiating vendor agreements to maximize company savings aligned with department goals.
- Effectively lead event staff and HUMAN attendees, including conducting training sessions to engage support teams fully
- Travel onsite to programs to ensure continuity and outstanding business partner service (when comfortable pending COVID situation)
- Supervise reconciliation of final bill and post-program results and coordinate post-con reporting, including event analysis, reports of spending, attendance feedback, and other return on investment metrics for company records
- Maintain strong relationships with our network of partners and vendors
- Create initiatives to evolve department based on changing business needs, as well as feedback from business partners, team members, and vendors
- Track department metrics (i.e. event volume, cost savings, and key achievements for quarterly reporting)
- Work with the broader team to assign event projects to the team based on skill sets and development opportunities; hire and develop contractors as needed to support business needs
- Own follow-up, collection of leads, and ensure the accurate transition for sales follow-up
- Run the sourcing and ordering of promotional materials (swag) for events and promotions
- You are proactive, creative, and thoughtful.
- You have great energy and love to create interesting and unique experiences for others!
- 3+ years of experience in event and project management (familiarity, experience with, or passion for the advertising/marketing or cybersecurity industries a plus!)
- Experience managing large, complex events from inception to final reconciliation with strong negotiation skills
- Experienced in event management, including venue sourcing, budgeting, F&B, meeting space, AV/production, registration, transportation, event technology, logistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to handle client and vendor relationships
- Comfortable presenting to and supporting C-Suite executives consistently
- Able to multitask and prioritize workload while leading multiple projects at once
- Strategic problem-solver and solutions-orientated consultant in all program-related matters capable of seeing the bigger vision and aligning daily activities in accordance with the company vision
- Able to create and promote new and innovative event ideas and design to deliver outstanding user experiences
- Positive mentality and great teammate with the willingness to roll up sleeves when necessary
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of marketing and the desire to expand skillset within a growing team
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of Google Suite. Proficiency with event technology providers preferred (ex. Splash, Social Tables)
- Value having fun while producing top results with a highly functioning team
- Able to travel up to 30% for conferences, site inspections, industry events
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Professional development fund
- Great coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
Our HQ office is located in NYC, but we have HUMANs all over the world. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, work/life harmony, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We have offices located in NYC, Virginia, Victoria, and London, and remote HUMANs in cities around the globe.
We work with most of the largest platforms and enterprises on the planet. We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission. We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and, creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of HUMANs have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.