Events Marketing Manager at Via
About This Role
As Via’s Events Marketing Manager, you’ll join an energetic team that thrives on getting our innovative mobility technology in front of as many potential partners as possible. The Events Marketing Manager will be responsible for shaping the annual event strategy for Via’s B2B and B2G business (at Via this is known as our “Platform Business”), creating campaigns to support the events, managing the event experience, and measuring results. You will partner closely with the global Platform Sales team and the broader marketing organization. You should be a strategic and scrappy thinker with exceptional attention to detail, a focus on creating great brand experiences that deliver measurable results for Via as we define the future of transportation in cities around the world.
What You'll Do
- Drive Via’s events strategy and manage all aspects of event coordination including: strategy, objectives, materials creation, event messaging/marketing, signage, giveaways, contract negotiation, vendor relations, site selection, registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, etc...
- Conduct post-event/campaign evaluations and ROI analysis; report and share results and recommendations with sales and marketing teams.
- Research industry events and evaluate sponsorship opportunities based on Via’s objectives and target markets.
- Partner with PR to write and submit clear and concise proposals for speaking opportunities
- Maintain event and campaign documents - budgets, calendars, checklists, run-of-show, etc.
- Complete budget reviews and ROI analysis; pivot strategy to align with findings.
- Achieve benchmarked ROI metrics by working with the sales and demand generation teams, managing and analyzing campaign data in Salesforce.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to create high-impact marketing materials
- Travel to events to provide onsite management as needed
Who You Are
- Have 5+ years of experience with event planning and/or field marketing in a B2B or B2G environment
- Collaborative; Strong ability to work seamlessly across departments and geographies with business and creative teams (internally and externally)
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal. Business-level proficiency in another language (i.e. French, German, Spanish) a plus.
- Possess a campaign-oriented approach to events
- Highly detail oriented, with strong project management and organizational skills
- Self starter with eagerness to take initiative
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Committed to customer service and fostering relationships, both internal and external
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Enjoy multitasking and operating under pressure to meet deadlines
- Critical thinker, able to use sound judgement and data-driven decision making to drive business objectives
- Resourceful, and enjoy creating success by being efficient with resources
- Have experience with tradeshow environments and logistics
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, compliments existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.