WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is looking for a freelance copywriter to produce consistent, compelling and engaging copy across TTD branded campaigns. The ideal candidate will have experience copywriting and editing marketing and advertising communications for B2C and B2B companies.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Craft captivating and uniform copy across TTD branded campaigns
- Items include: Digital banner ads, landing pages, print ads, OOH, etc.
- Take complex ideas and make them accessible and easily understandable, through short/punchy ad lines
- Work with brand marketing team to concept core campaign messaging through creative briefs
- With digital marketing team, leverage data to A/B test, optimize and report on success of copy across marketing campaigns
- Work with TTD brand and creative development teams as well as other stakeholders to translate our brand proposition into a cohesive and impactful voice
- Collaborate with in-house creative team to rework existing brand copy and expand on content, voice, and tone guidelines
- Maintain and deliver against a cohesive creative calendar
- Present and provide rationale for copy, concept and campaign strategy
- Participate in brand development creative strategy meetings and weekly creative reviews
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3-5+ years of experience copywriting and editing marketing and advertising communications, including B2C and B2B
- Experience writing for a well-known brand, agency, or in-house marketing team (preferably for a technology company)
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Advertising, Creative Writing, or a related field
- Ability to collaborate and take direction from campaign stakeholders
- Extremely well-organized, excellent time management skills — able to work under tight deadlines when needed
- Has history of crafting copy that leads to customer acquisition and engagement. Has ability to tailor to varying audience segments (prospective and current users) and stages of the marketing funnel
- Ability to work with colleagues in different countries and understand cultural differences
- Strong, relevant portfolio of writing samples
- Keeps up with current trends and insights
- Flexible hours
NICE TO HAVE’S:
- Experience in the advertising technology space, a plus
MUST BE LOCATED IN NYC
- Please provide a link to your portfolio or samples of your work in your application.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.