Freelance Copywriter at Peloton
As the Copywriter for Peloton, you are responsible for helping to define the voice of Peloton and the management and/or execution of consistent copywriting across all editorial. The Copywriter generates and contributes brand content that builds awareness, engages customers, grows adoption and drives sales. This position is responsible for crafting the voice of the brand across multiple touch points including websites, digital media assets, emails, social media, blog, and all marketing related materials. The Copywriter works closely with marketing, design, and product team members at all levels to generate and execute concepts for all branded material.
- Clearly define and enforce the brand voice and execute across written mediums.
- Write and/or manage creation of email copy, marketing copy (banners, sweeps, etc), site captions, and product copy
- Write and edit all website & interface copy to ensure consistent voice.
- Create editorial content for social media and community projects.
- Create copy for all packaging (hang tags, packaging cards, etc).
- Create and contribute seasonal editorial content/story idea calendar for blog and social media.
- Forge strong working relationships with marketing, designers, web development teams, and studio/content teams to ensure copy direction is on strategy.
- Attend weekly content/studio, marketing and web production meetings.
- Ability to contract-out specific writing assignments on an as-needed basis.
- Minimum 3 years’ Copywriting experience in advertising, direct marketing or publishing
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Advertising
- Background in ecommerce/editorial; extensive working knowledge of current trends style, culture and language of he fashion world
- Ability to think strategically about interactive design
- Experience writing for websites and sport/fitness lifestyle (must have some background in technical or feature/benefit story-telling)
- Strong conceptual skills with knowledge of how copy relates to art, design, graphics and typography
- Online and Social Media fluency (eCommerce, websites, blogs, Social Media, etc.) with curiosity to learn more
- Expert knowledge of promotion through effective direct response engagement practices
- Experience in developing direct response concepts, direct mail and email marketing
- Ability to multitask, adapt and prioritize under tight deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Superb organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.