Global Head of Communications
Fiverr is seeking an entrepreneurial and dynamic Global Head of Communications to shape and execute storytelling and thought leadership initiatives across the organization that amplify Fiverr’s mission to change how the world works together.
- You would report to the Vice President of Brand Marketing while working closely with the Executive staff, including the CEO and other C-level executives to set and drive strategic direction for the company’s overarching communications goals including brand, product, community storytelling along with crisis management.
- You’ll act as strategic lead directing high-level media strategy, brand messaging, and high stakes comms for Fiverr.
- You would help ensure that Fiverr’s Communications department operates with a proactive and collaborative approach, building Fiverr’s influence.
- You would feel comfortable shifting between strategy and execution while handling a high volume of projects while acting as a strong ambassador of the brand internally and externally.
- You are highly organized, focused in the face of competing priorities, passionate about relationship-building and you thrive in a fast-paced, growing, and energetic environment.
- Maintain targeted media relations experience across multiple industries, including niche industry expertise and ongoing, active reporter relationships.
- Manage editing and writing responsibilities within the Communications team and with key stakeholders.
- Manage crisis situations as they arise while also working to proactively avert future crises.
- Manage thought leadership efforts from a corporate and discipline-specific perspective
Management and Stakeholder Counsel
- Lead and inspire a team in media relations, crisis management, and organizational communications.
- Forge strong connections with Fiverr’s internal and external stakeholders in order to encourage the most creative and effective outcomes.
- Shape and help to operationalize Fiverr’s corporate narrative.
- Develop external media relations plans in support of key programs and policies, including discovering opportunities to educate media and customers.
- Generate strategic ideas and opportunities to expand Fiverr’s services beyond traditional public relations and the ability and desire to lead these ideas from conception to results. As a creative thought leader, you’ll see your wildest ideas turned into strategic campaigns. This position hosts weekly team brainstorms, reverse engineers virality, and maps out campaigns for Fiverr.
- Lead and grow a multidisciplinary team with an established approach to day-to-day coaching and long-term talent growth and development.
- Partner with the teams within the Brand Marketing department to maintain strategic alignment across all communications initiatives.
- As the director or your team, you’ll be managing profitability, staffing matrixes, planning and budgeting. You’ll work closely with our VP, CEO and CFO to be supported in meeting these goals but you’ll also have tools in place to make decisions and track progress.
Join Fiverr as our Global Head of Communications in New York!
When you join Fiverr, you’ll become an important member of one of the hottest startups in the world. From day one you’ll be challenged to take risks, think big, and make an impact, while getting lots of love and support from the team. A few of the perks you’ll receive include: competitive salary, health, dental and vision care, an awesome work environment with a company that loves its employees, and the eligibility to participate in Fiverr’s stock option plan.
At Fiverr, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and embed it into every aspect of our workplace, from our community to our product. Fiverr is proud and committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, Fiverr will provide accommodation to individuals with disabilities or a special need.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in PR, Communications, Marketing, or a related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in communications and internal communications, with a deep understanding of how to utilize communications to influence business outcomes.
- Experience across the range of communication disciplines including media relations, crisis management, executive communications and internal communications.
- You’ve personally come up out-of-the-box ideas, big and small, to introduce brands to new audiences that others had not yet thought of.
- Have vision, thinking through where the brand lives in the world and what key messages and story devices help support that house.
- Track record of building, leading, and inspiring high performing teams around a shared vision.
- Skilled at building and protecting public trust.
- Able to achieve results while dealing with ambiguity and change.
- Experience using analytics to drive business and reputation outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate and convert high-level strategic information into clear, concise storytelling.
- Strong project management skills.