Block Renovation, Growth and Performance Marketing Lead - Senior Manager/Principle
Block is a renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Today, doing a home renovation is an abysmal consumer experience and frustrating for contractors as well. Block democratizes high-end renovations by bringing together planning, design, and construction into one streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
As a key member of the marketing team, the Growth and Performance Marketing Lead will oversee Block’s paid media strategy and execution to efficiently acquire new high intent leads. You will manage the allocation, deployment and optimization of monthly budgets across key channels including Google (Search, Discovery, YouTube), Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Affiliate, Direct Mail, Display/Programmatic and possibly OOH and OTT in order to achieve target homeowner lead volume and sales across our markets.
Your role will span developing a deep, nuanced understanding of how to overcome barriers to purchase via high-impact, sophisticated experimentation to strategizing how, when and where we communicate our value proposition and offers to our new prospects. The identification and testing of new media channels and tactics will be key to success.
You will report into the Head of Marketing and work closely with other members of the marketing team. To start, you will manage some external agency and contractor relationships while we figure out the optimal mix of internal and external resources to manage our media. Internal communication with cross-functional key stakeholders (Sales, Creative, Sales Ops, Product, Finance, Analytics) will be important.
- Launch, test and refine online and offline channels to grow lead volume and conversion efficiently, including Paid Search, Paid Social, Display, Direct Mail, OOH, CTV/OTT, Affiliates, Referral and others
- Optimize the structure of our advertising accounts / campaigns, manage day to day campaign performance analysis and optimization to achieve our goals, ensure we are following channel best practices
- Identify new sources of customer acquisition through emerging platforms, partners, strategies and channels; develop and execute a plan to test these new channels
- Report on campaign performance of all marketing campaigns across both online/offline channels highlighting successes, learnings, trends, and opportunities
- Forecast and plan business results for monthly/annual budget planning and execute against those goals
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders (Sales, Creative, Sales Ops, Finance, Analytics, Product, Consumer Insights)
- Partner with VP of Marketing to determine the optimal media team structure across internal and/or external resources and then be responsible for managing those resources
- 6-8+ years of performance marketing experience at a B2C company, B2B company or media agency.
- Expert knowledge around managing SEM and Facebook/Instagram ad campaigns with hands on experience setting up campaigns, optimizing, and reporting within Google Ads Manager and Facebook Business Manager
- Proven track record of successfully learning and managing new media channels beyond Google and Facebook (online or offline)
- Proven track record of testing, learning and optimizing media to achieve better results
- A background in owning and managing a budget, forecasting, and delivering on monthly goals of spend, Cost Per Lead and Customer Acquisition Cost
- People management experience (at least 1 or 2 direct reports)
- Proficiency in building strong relationships with external agency partners and publishers
- Understanding of and experience implementing both last click and multi-click attribution schemas
- Strong track record of effective collaboration with creative/brand marketing and product management teams
- Comfortable setting and monitoring Key Performance Indicators on a daily basis
- Ability to use SQL, Looker, Segment, Google Tag Manager is a plus
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- BONUS POINTS IF YOUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- Operating in a context where Marketing team generated leads that were handed off to a Sales team
- Marketing and selling high priced consumer products/solutions (in the tens of thousands of dollars range)
- Have identified and used real estate data signals for targeting marketing (e.g. new homeowners)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Block wants all employees to be supported in their personal and professional development, so we take a comprehensive approach to total rewards. We practice a market-based and performance-driven compensation philosophy which compensates employees fairly and competitively, and rewards strong performance. The base salary range for this position is from $120,000 to $150,000. This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for a NY-based position. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, knowledge and skills, qualifications, location, and other job-related factors.
To further support your growth at our company, Block also offers the following:
- Earn equity in an early stage high-growth company
- 100% subsidized health insurance, dental coverage, vision coverage
- Flexible work environment, with hybrid and fully remote roles
- 12 weeks universal fully paid family leave
- PTO and company holidays
- 401k retirement savings plan with matching employer contribution
- HSA with employer contribution & FSA plans
- Employee discount on renovation services
- Budgeted learning and development stipends
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
- Force simplicity
- Problems are our fuel
- Collaborate with tenacity and humility
- Save money where we should
- Speed is our advantage
Block is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and we encourage our employees to participate as their authentic selves in our work environment. We strive to build better for all, towards a more open, inclusive space. Come as you are.