Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWhere You'll Come In
We’re looking for an experienced Growth Manager to lead and own all Search efforts for The Farmer’s Dog, including all SEM and SEO. The Growth Manager, Search will be responsible for planning and execution of all Search initiatives, focusing on scale and efficiency. This person is obsessed with the Google algorithm, an expert in popular SEO tools (ex. Moz, SEMRush), is highly analytical, and understands how different marketing channels interact and fit together.
In this role, you will learn the TFD business model and own all Search initiatives, both paid and organic. You’ll partner closely with teams across the business ( Acquisition, Brand, Product, Data Strategy & Insights, etc.) to build a best-in-class Search program. You’ll lead initiatives that position The Farmer’s Dog as a household pet care brand, ensuring the ranking of our high-quality content and information is constantly improving towards #1. You understand all the ways in which paid and organic search should and can work together, and the ways in which both impact other marketing channels (and other channels impact them).
This is an opportunity to build a best-in-class search program at The Farmer’s Dog and lead the strategy and direction of all paid and organic search!How You'll Make An Impact
- Own all paid search efforts with a focus on scaling non-brand conversions
- Fully manage SEO strategy and execution, including growing traffic to our blog and increasing #1 rankings for related terms. You’ll position The Farmer’s Dog as a pet care brand every household should know and trust.
- Work closely with Director of Content on content strategy & leading technical SEO
- Manage and build out cross-functional reporting for all owned channels
- Communicate regularly with Sr. Manager, Acquisition and Product Manager, Conversion on performance, forecasts, current & upcoming initiatives, and industry trends
- 3+ years managing SEO with 1-2 years direct experience managing paid search
- Expert in paid search, Marketing Analytics, SEO tools, Google Algorithm, Keyword research, Excel/formulas, technical SEO
- Publisher experience is a plus
- Experience working closely with Google on product testing, strategies, opportunities
- Basic HTML & CSS knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
We have five principles that describe our approach:
- Holistic thinking: We know that nothing exists in a silo.
- Disciplined prioritization: We need to bring perspective, clarity and guidance to the team.
- Data-driven decision-making: We use first principles and are skeptical. We establish context.
- Proactive collaboration: We build vast common knowledge and encourage synchronous, streamlined work from our colleagues and diversity in problem-solving.
- Execute for impact: We are responsible for the growth of the business and the perception of our brand. We are resilient, accountable and relentless.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota