Growth Marketing Director at OpenWeb
OpenWeb (formerly Spot.IM) is on a mission to increase the quality of conversations online. We build technologies that create thriving and engaged communities, reduce toxicity, and increase safety - improving the quality of civil discourse and supporting independent journalism. Today, OpenWeb works with more than 700 top-tier publishers (including News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29 and more) and hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 100 employees between New York City and Tel Aviv. We are backed by world-class investors including Insight Partners, Index Ventures, AltaIR Capital, ScaleUp, and Norma Investments. Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, and demand more from one another. We’re crafting technology that naturally brings people together and fosters healthy discussion—so they have more dinner-table talks and less shouting matches online. It starts with us. Let’s take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
As the Director of growth marketing, you will create and drive OpenWeb’s digital marketing strategy, from identifying our ICP to leading ABM and implementing email strategy. You’ll work creatively, efficiently, and tirelessly to deliver and optimize best-in-class campaigns, evaluate existing programs, create and support content, and deliver communications to target audiences.
As the metrics and performance driven leader within the marketing team, you will work closely with Product Marketing, Business Development, and Partner Success to set the strategy, increase product adoption and raise awareness, and be responsible for measuring success and optimizing continuously. You’ll also “own” the website, and relationships with multiple third party vendors and platforms. You must be fully practiced in leading/delivering ABM, demand, inbound, SEM, SEO, PPC, and CPC tactics (to name a few). The ideal candidate will approach all of these tactics with creativity, passion, and innovation that matches our brand aspirations.
You will be directly responsible for all paid marketing efforts, managing campaigns across LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms, creating drip and nurture campaigns, and drive MQLs.
We’re a visionary company with highly ambitious goals, and the ideal candidate will adopt this vision and begin adding strategic and practical value on day 1, while setting us up for exponential growth on day 90.
How You’ll Contribute as our Growth Marketing Director:
- Set the vision for and manage creative paid marketing efforts, supporting and guiding content and product marketing
- Create and run ABM strategy, beginning with defining personas and ICPs
- Produce high-impact content marketing materials and deploy tactics that drive awareness, and MQLs (Create the funnel!)
- Lead and manage email marketing including drip and nurture campaigns
- Provide strategic guidance on social media, the blog, and content strategies
- Own website tracking, optimization & performance
- Own paid search and SEO
- Work with existing partners, vendors and agencies to deliver the most impactful marketing, including Hubspot, Nomad, Rollworks, GA, etc.
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- An entrepreneurial, visionary, self-starter and do-er, with a proven track record of results
- Significant experience leading and executing ABM tactics and digital marketing
- Minimum of 5 years leading paid marketing and social campaigns
- Minimum of 5 years working with hyper-growth startups or teams
- Highly skilled at creating and optimizing content marketing for T1 targets, creating and driving the entire funnel, tracking the results and managing follow up communications
- Expert at building email marketing campaigns including drip, nurture, and news
- A focus on metrics, reporting, efficiency, and optimization
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practice