Growth Marketing Manager
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
About the Role
Do you want to have an immediate and tangible impact on our marketing campaigns and our business? Are you passionate about developing and testing hypotheses to accelerate growth? Then this role is for you.
As our Growth Marketing Manager, you will own our website user journey and conversion rate optimizations. You will construct smart tests, iterate, and optimize to drive performance. You possess a strong understanding of digital marketing and SEO principles, but also have a keen interest in customer experience.
- Drive conversion rate optimization -- including planning, ideation, A/B testing, optimization, and measurement for both content and creative
- Optimize existing and new content and landing pages for search engine optimization and manage day-to-day SEO deliverables, audits, competitive keyword research, keyword strategy, and metadata writing
- Help set the strategic direction for organic search growth across content, promotion, and site development
- Build & maintain reporting across channels to provide our team with insights & direction
- Manage all day-to-day aspects of our paid media agency including strategy and execution
In your first 30 days, you will assess where we are with our current marketing programs and where we need to be. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology and our company.
After 60 days, you’ll identify new levers to help move key metrics, specifically tied to top of funnel and user acquisition. You will launch the first A/B tests and start the first SEO audits.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. By now, you’ve gathered learnings from tests, audits and channel performance and you will set the strategic direction for content to support the growth strategy. You will own the conversion rate optimization execution and Marketing reporting across channels and programs.
- Experience with A/B testing and measuring statistical significance
- Strong understanding and a keen interest in SEO, UX and writing
- Proven effectiveness when implementing and measuring channel success
- Strong working knowledge of Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Foundational knowledge of inbound and outbound marketing strategies
Reporting to Maria Toft - Director of Demand Generation
As a "left-brained" marketer with a passion for building things to last, Maria says that joining Cockroach Labs as the Director of Demand Generation was a no-brainer. Maria is responsible for executing our multi-channel strategies (digital media, events, etc.) to drive prospect engagement and customer activation. Outside of work, you can find her walking her dogs, playing tennis, doing yoga, and exploring the beautiful nature in New York State.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].