Growth & Retention Marketing Director
They say "sitting is the new smoking". We're here to get more people moving...
Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find an activity they'll love among more than 600 activities across the U.S., Europe, and Latin America. Our goal is to multiply the number of people exercising at every company to create a healthier and more engaged workforce.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York, we have a growing team in 30 offices around the world. Our mission is simple yet ambitious: defeat inactivity, and we know the only way to get there is together, partnering with companies, gyms and having the best talent.
The Growth Marketing Director - US will be integral to growing our customer base in the US region. You will work cross-functionally with Global Growth Marketing and the US regional business units to drive sign-ups enrollments on the Gympass platform, while stimulating expansion and retention by building customer marketing programs across a variety of channels (paid media, email, SMS, in app, push, direct mail, MGM, loyalty programs, client channels, etc). The ideal candidate is highly analytical, a rigorous optimizer, and will have previously held a role managing multiple channels at a high growth company. You need to be able to identify business opportunities, and run experiments and campaigns to drive growth and retention. This is the role for you if:
- You thrive on funnel analytics and speak in acronyms like CPA, LTV and CR
- You love both the science and art of marketing
- You have a passion for building, implementing and measuring new systems and processes
- You are a collaborative influencer who can build trusting relationships with key stakeholders
What You’ll Do...
- Manage, create, and execute communications plans and promotions across channels to drive additional new signups and ongoing usage
- Gather data across campaigns, analyze results, and communicate impact
- Build hypothesis-based tests, implement them, and determine whether we scale or stop
- Identify opportunities for improvement in existing business processes and apply solutions to remove bottlenecks and solve stakeholder’s pain points
- Use marketing automation to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Roll out global initiatives in the region, balance and manage US specific demands, present new opportunities to drive business growth and share best practices with countries
- Manage the team to localize all communication assets
- Define local User Growth Campaigns strategy
- Run regular analyses and lead the company towards the right growth strategy
- Be a champion for the end user/consumer
You should have...
- BS/BA in a related field
- 7-10 years of experience in Marketing
- Experience leveraging marketing platforms and tools to achieve marketing objectives related to automation, data capture, lead management, and revenue goals. (Experience with Braze is a plus!)
- Experience leading cross functional global projects with multiple stake-holders
- Natural affinity for numbers, analytics, and the detailed workings of complex systems
- Ability to self-start and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing a team of marketers
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and welfare of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Gympass membership, workout anywhere anytime for the cost of one lunch
- Competitive PTO, sick time, company-observed holidays and a floating holiday
- Paid parental leave
- Education reimbursement program
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth and career development
- An exciting and supportive atmosphere with intelligent (hey, at least we think so) and ambitious people from around the world!
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gympass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.